cutetest or funniest thing kids and lights

bouncer

Enlightened
Hey everybody what is the cutest or funniest thing you've seen kids playing with lights?

One of my ex girlfriends little girl used to catch me at the door grab a light from my and we'd go spider hunting under all the furniture the look on her mothers face when her daughter would look at me and say "Rich lets go spider hunting" still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.

Last edited:

bouncer

Enlightened
cutest or funniest thing kids and lights

sorry about the double

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, don't know about being too cute or funny after a while, but them little ankle-biters somehow shining that bright light directly on your face and in your eyes! At least they have a good aim the first time and all the time! :wave:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1 /2 year old, both boys, and they both like flashlights thanks to me. They each have their own Mini Mag AA's, and after a trip to Cabela's, they have some little LED lights now. Anyway, the other day my 2 1/2 year old was in our bedroom with my wife and found some of my modded mini-mags on my night table and came downstairs with 2 lights in one hand, 1 in the other, all turned on, and was waving them around. :)

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1 /2 year old, both boys, and they both like flashlights thanks to me. They each have their own Mini Mag AA's, and after a trip to Cabela's, they have some little LED lights now. Anyway, the other day my 2 1/2 year old was in our bedroom with my wife and found some of my modded mini-mags on my night table and came downstairs with 2 lights in one hand, 1 in the other, all turned on, and was waving them around. :)

your wife must hate you... :twothumbs "Now I have to deal with 3 of you?":broke:

stay well my friend, your story is one of the things that make having thigs worthwhile:thumbsup:

enjoy, kostas

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
I was walking around the house one evening with a Gerber IU and my daughter, who is four, dashed in front of me, grabbed a nine-volt lantern and illuminated the hallway shouting "Na, na, na."

Outdone and outshone by a four-year-old. It was a hard moment for a flashaholic.

I tried to talk about things like runtime and being easier to EDC, but she kept hitting the switch to outshine me, laughing.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: cutest or funniest thing kids and lights

Mine likes to play doctor with my L4 lumamax and check my eyes. :sick2:

Nathan

Enlightened
Re: cutest or funniest thing kids and lights

Whenever my 4-year-old boy ever asks me where one of his toys is, I ask him if he's checked under the furniture. He then proceeds to grab his AA Mini Mag, turn it on, and get on his stomach to continue his search.

Puts a grin on my face everytime... :D

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love playing with my Gf's 2yr old niece and she loves playing with my HDS. When ever I pull it out she grabs it and tugs me on the finger looking for dark places to light up.

She knows how to switch modes and hold the button when aimed at my face to give me a nice 130-140ish lumen blast in the eyes, I can hear her laugh(can't see her laugh but I can hear her) when I pull my head back and try to block the beam with my hand.

We went on this walk one night and I handed her the light and she named the things as she lit them up occasionally lighting up the whole street by holding the button.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight I had the kids at my folks and we were out in the yard when it was dark out and I had my light out and my 4 1/2 yeard old son asked for a light, so I gave him my G2 with a Malkoff P60 in it, I had my P3D, and then my 2 1/2 year old asked for a light so I gave him my P2D set to medium. After we were done I asked for my P2D back and he said "MINE!" and the I saw he kept twisting it on to TURBO. I would turn it back to general mode and ask for it back "MINE! MINE!" Once inside I asked again "MINE!" and then he put it in his little jeans pocket, the front right one. I asked again "MINE! MINE!"

We drove home, he still had the light, went inside "Mine!" and eventually he gave it up. Then he showed up with my mini-mag AA with a 3 LED niteize in it that he found on my night table. :) He's a flashaholic already.

Valolammas

Enlightened
Last night my wife was out and I was looking after our son (1 y.o). I was putting some clothes into my closet and he was "helping" me, i.e. trying to pull my camera tripod out the closet. I had an Osram Dot-It in the closet, which I didn't bother to turn on, because I don't like it. I bought it fairly recently, as I thought it might be handy, but it turned out to have a very annoying on/off system, where the first click turns all three LEDs on and then each click turns one LED off, so you have to click it no less than four times for a complete on/off cycle. Annoying in the extreme, a simple click on and click off would have been sooo much better.

Anyway, my son started to point at it, going "Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!", which means he wants something. After putting a few layers of semi-transparent tape on it so it wouldn't hurt his eyes, I gave it to him. And he immediately started to click-click-click on it, cycling the modes and going "Woooooo!" & giggling all the time. I turned off the lights and just sat there laughing with him. He totally adored that light and kept carrying it around all night until we put him to bed. I wasn't going to give him a light of his own yet, but how could resist now? That Dot-It is his now, we'll see how much beating it can take...

Flummo

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine was stuck sitting in the dark for a week after a storm last winter. I let him borrow a few things like a 12->230V converter and a cheap 6V 100W halogen flashlight. He thought the light was great, and eventually his 3 year old son found it very funny to shine at the neighbours windows 75m away, making them come out and wonder what the h*ll was going on. :oops:

Most kids seem to like flashlights. I sure know I did... :candle:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Tonight I had the kids at my folks and we were out in the yard when it was dark out and I had my light out and my 4 1/2 yeard old son asked for a light, so I gave him my G2 with a Malkoff P60 in it, I had my P3D, and then my 2 1/2 year old asked for a light so I gave him my P2D set to medium. After we were done I asked for my P2D back and he said "MINE!" and the I saw he kept twisting it on to TURBO. I would turn it back to general mode and ask for it back "MINE! MINE!" Once inside I asked again "MINE!" and then he put it in his little jeans pocket, the front right one. I asked again "MINE! MINE!"

We drove home, he still had the light, went inside "Mine!" and eventually he gave it up. Then he showed up with my mini-mag AA with a 3 LED niteize in it that he found on my night table. :) He's a flashaholic already.

And just think, when he gets to your age.... They'll have created HID lights the size of a P3D. :D