Rifle light ?

prost

Newly Enlightened
Hi ,
Im new to all this , its a tad confusing with all the different terminology .
Could anyone recommend a lamp/torch light enough to put on a rifle ? From what i gather its a cree lamp id be looking for . Any help will be appreciated
Cheers
Prost

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
What kind of rifle do you have? (much recoil?) Does it have a rail or do you want to mount it under the barrel or on your scope? Do you want a cable switch? Do you prefer lithium cells or alkaline?
There are many varieties.

djblank87

Enlightened
I have a Rock River Arms Entry Tact 5.56/.223 rifle. I came on here and asked the same question and the feedback was amazing. I looked at a lot of lights and ended up with:

The Streamlight Thunder Ranch TL-3 Urban Rifle light. 200+ lumens and it comes with the mounts for almost anytype of rail. I will say that after I played around with it at the range it is probaly much more light than I will ever need but it is a little hand cannon of light.

We need to know the weapon it is going on due to blowback reasons also what will you use it for? Personal or tactical purposes?

prost

Newly Enlightened
Its going to be fitted to a pre charged air rifle so no recoil . It will be used on rabbits 40-45 yards .
cheers

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,
I see you are in the UK, therefore a definate candidate is the Deben Tracer, and "ordinary" bulb type light that fits on top of your scope and is good for anything out to 100yds, which is more than adequate for "bunny bashing" with a pre charged air rifle. The battery pack is seperate and is in your pocket or on a belt. This light will last approx 3 hrs (if on constantly) with the included batt pack, again plenty for a nights hunting, you can also get the red lens filter for them that just clips on the outside. Very light (in weight) and a good allround performer, I have used one of these for many years and cant fault it, I even use it on my rimfire for bunnies and it has never let me down.
I think a lot of the lights discussed on here are not as applicable to the use you have, as the Tracer is, but there are always alternatives and exceptions. The Lightforce 140 is another I use on my centrefire rifles, much brighter and with longer throw (lights foxes up at 400yds) but much more expensive than the Tracer and probably over the top for your use.
In my experience for rabbiting, you need a light that will throw a tight beam at 50 - 80 yds with little or no sidespill and runtime of approx 3hrs.

Lightforce here

Deben Tracer here

Hope this helps a little.
Regards
Lee