• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WANTED! fenix LOD work!

redsticx7

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping that someone out there could lend me a hand, i currently have a fenix lod that i'd like to upgrade to Q5. I've got the Q5, and cleaned up fenix head, but no soldering iron/gun. Plus i'm not sure if i have the steady hand for the job. I know i should have thought of this before hand, but if anyone out there feels comfortable enough to work on this (i'm not looking for any assurance that it'll work, and if you fry it, no harm done!) i'd greatly appreciate it. I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for the work, along with shipping too and fro.
THANKS!

dpled

Enlightened
I suggest digitaleos. He has experience with replacing crees in the Fenix and does very clean work! :twothumbs

fluke

Enlightened
+10 for datiLED (Derek) :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs Modded an L0P with a Seoul.
Top class work and kept informed all the way.
Plus I am sending more work his way.

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
unless you are using lithium primaries, you probably won't see a difference in output due to the higher Vf of the Q5 compared to the P4 currently in your light.

the higer Vf of the Q5 will cause less current to flow due to the LOD-CE circiut.

one review has shown that the LOD-CE with P4 was basically similar in output to the special edition Q4 version using NiMH batteries.

kanarie

Enlightened
unless you are using lithium primaries, you probably won't see a difference in output due to the higher Vf of the Q5 compared to the P4 currently in your light.

the higer Vf of the Q5 will cause less current to flow due to the LOD-CE circiut.

one review has shown that the LOD-CE with P4 was basically similar in output to the special edition Q4 version using NiMH batteries.
On the other hand on li-ion 3.7V you probably will see a difference and in any other case you will get longer runtimes

shakeylegs

Enlightened
The Q2 or Rebel 100 might be better choices, with lower Vf's taking better advantage of the LOD circuit. The rebel performs very well on alkalines. The Q2 is about equal brightness to the Reb100 if using e2 lithium primaries. On Alkalines, the Q2 lags behind the Reb100 significantly.

Last edited: