60 cent add-on for LM303

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Tonight I found a useful add-on for my LumaPower LM303. With tax it cost all of 60 cents at a retail home improvement chain.
It's the Lasco schedule 80 3/4x1/2 reducing bushing spigot x socket. It's Lasco part no. 837-101 but the picture on the website is generic and incorrect for this item. The schematic in my next post shows the correct shape.
It's dark grey PVC and has no threads on either end. It fits the LM303 like it was specifically made for it and performs the following functions:

1. Anti-roll and bezel protector when placed on the head.
2. Allows tail-standing with longer orange and black switch covers when used as a cup for the tail of the light.
3. Reduces flood when placed on the head. The hotspot now fills about half the beam.
4. Allows the use of simple diffuser material such as a section cut from a thin, white plastic bag.
5. Allows the use of colored filters. Specifically the filter that comes with the Pentagonlight MOLLE. It fits as if made for it. These MOLLE filters are also available separately in a kit of green, blue, red, amber and yellow (I think). Place the filter in the 3/4 inch side of the bushing with the threads and O-ring going in first. Seat the filter against the internal collar. Put the LM303 in and push until gently secured. The bushing is tight on the light and the filter won't easily fall back out even when the light is removed. The filter is still well protected from both sides.

None of my other lights fit this particular bushing. The Inova X5 as well as old and new Mini-Mag colored filters are too large.

Lowes Home Improvement part number is 52920, but the website says it doesn't exist. According to my receipt it does...

Schematic and dimensions to follow.

Last edited:

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
LascoSch80RBtitlearrow1lasco1final6771.jpg