the gift that keeps giving

sortafast

Enlightened
This is my first real jaunt into the realm of flashlight modding. Been building a few bike lights from scratch and have had good luck with that. But anyway, didn't even make these for me, they are a burfdaye present for my dad. I think he will get some use out of them camping or just around the house and fields. As for the mods, we have a modamag tri-star for the D mag sitting in the cammo M@g. It holds 2 SSC P4's and 1 Cyan LuxIII that I had laying around. I originally had 4 SSC P4's for this project, but I managed to kill 2 of them trying to get it to work and finally gave up (also I was so pissed at that point that I almost sent the thing through the sliding glass door.). Powering this set up is 3 1050mA DX drivers run in parallel, again this is what I had on hand, and I really didnt want to do the dozen AA battery thing. The simpler and cheaper the better. And finally the lumens fly out of 3 IMS 20mm reflectors through a Borofloat lens from theflashlight lens. On the plain black light we gots a Litemania D sized sink sporting on of my last Edison KLC8 LEDs (must say I am not terribly please with these LEDs). That goes through a chopped up stock reflector and out another borofloat lens. I plan on eventually setting up my dad with another SSC P4 in this light, but I ran out them due to either my incompetence or a bum star. The focal plane of the edison is waaay different from the P4 (imagine that). So it needs to sit at the very bottom of the reflector otherwise the hot spot becomes a nice black hole :scowl: . Overall, I am glad I am done with this mess. The 3 LED light was a PITA. the Single wasnt as bad, but I kept scraping off the glowpaint when I was working on it so it took way longer than it should have. I think I am gonna take a break for a bit and then hit up my 4D and the wife's purple 3d :naughty: . Maybe do a hotwire or a 4 emitter. Definitely gonna do it right next time. At least these 2 lights will have a lifetime warranty:D

Anywho here is the out sides.

img0769re7.jpg

Some front side action. The digi cam kinda sucks and the flash is no good for in close stuff. so this is as good as it gets.

img0764hg3.jpg

And after hitting the happy switches. Notice the Cyan luxIII in there. The plan was originally to have 3 SSC P4 but messed that up nice. Oh well the Cyan will be for better "night vision" or something like that. I'll just BS my way into making it sound better than me hamfisting it together and breaking stuff.

img0768dm0.jpg

WTYM

Dave