Rip-off!!

kev1-1

Enlightened
I was just in touch with the UK distributor about getting a SureFire G2...now I can understand a bit of mark up due to their shipping costs, customs e.t.c, BUT...wait for it... $95 ~approx (£59.99)!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I just ordered overseas!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It frustrates me no-end that we have to pay so much for everything here. And it`s not like I can buy from SureFire direct, they say no - they`re protecting their overseas distributors.

Well, Edgars - the UK`s official distributor - won`t sell directly to the general public, only those who work in the emergency services. And even then, with the appropriate discounts, the price they charge is still too high - often double the official SureFire retail price they advertise on their web site.

Every shop in the UK that sells SureFire lights and accessories has to get them through Edgars meaning the street prices are even higher still. Take the official retail cost, triple it, then add a bit and you`re getting near. New product just released (or even in some cases one released last year)? Obscure spare part (ie, anything short of lamp assemblies)? Forget about walking in anywhere and buying them. You`ll wait months and months having them special ordered.

And SureFire try their best to stop their US distributors from selling overseas too, so in theory it`s a no-win situation for us here. Thankfully there are dealers who are happy to sell overseas, and one or two who don`t want to charge double the price of the light in shipping costs. There`s always Europe too - marginally cheaper than the UK, low or no shipping costs (I`m thinking Toolshop here) and none of that Customs nonsense either.

Ideally we need a new UK distributor, one who`s good to deal with for everyone, and doesn`t overcharge. I wonder if Dan from Tactical Warehouse fancies moving here and setting up in business? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Latest posts