Nuwai Rebels.

aceo07

Enlightened
Very cool. I remember how popular the Q3 was back in the day. I think if the price isn't too much and the runtime is good, it'll be popular again.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My QIIIs are still my favorite lights...great size, great grippy textured surface, and well made. Hopefully they revised the circuit along with the LED as the driver was the only downside for me (not very efficient). Nuwai's other new Rebel offerings look really great too...wish someone would carry them tho...I haven't been able to find any retailers for Nuwai's Rebel lights.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent emails to Amondotech and Ligthhound asking if they're going to get these lights. I'll post their replies here.

phosphor

Enlightened
My QIIIs are still my favorite lights...great size, great grippy textured surface, and well made. Hopefully they revised the circuit along with the LED as the driver was the only downside for me (not very efficient). Nuwai's other new Rebel offerings look really great too...wish someone would carry them tho...I haven't been able to find any retailers for Nuwai's Rebel lights.
Yes !!.....I see using the drop-down menu here :http://www.nuwai.com.tw/
they also have available the following Rebel lights : 2x123CR, 1AA and 2AA !
Interesting !

- regards

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are so many good single cell CR123 lights, it's hard to choose among them. THe Q-100 [Q-III upgrade] sounds great according to their web site. 180 lumens and a runtime of 4 to 5 hours! I don't think that means 4 to 5 hours to 50%, but that's still a lot of lumens. I can't wait till someone here gets one and does a runtime test on it. The two cell CR123 rebel light is listed on their site as 176 lumens with less runtime - it is obviously using a lesser binned rebel.

I've always liked the Nuwai lights I have. A Lux V, a 0.5 watt single AAA and a headlamp.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my Q3 flupic/cree/home made heatsink more than any light I own.Not the brightest,any more,but probably the most useful UI I have tried! Super low,and 2 quick touches to max!Also med in the middle for most tasks and super long runtimes!
How about a flupic rebel 100:twothumbsMight be my next project!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes !!.....I see using the drop-down menu here :http://www.nuwai.com.tw/
they also have available the following Rebel lights : 2x123CR, 1AA and 2AA !
Interesting !

- regards

Man, the beefy ones that look like they came off a bat-belt are CR123 only and not AA, darn :)

But here's hoping that Target or Walmart carries 'rebadged' versions of these Rebels!

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the new 2 cell body looks very cool. 1 of my edc lights is a Nuwai 301X3 modified by miklyspit with a Cree XRE and the tactical on/off momentary function .

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they upgrade the 2AAA model with a Rebel! My River Rock 2AAA is my most used light. I just made a thread asking about this.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure www.eliteled.com will be one of the first to carry them. They were the first to carry the TM-301X-5, the X-3 & the X-1 about 2 years ago.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a reply I got from EliteLED. Haven't received any from the other places. I will place them in this post when I do.

Hi Aron,

Yes, the model is Nuwai Q-100. Like other Nuwai models, we will be the 1st in the US to carry them. They are in production right now, we should have them available late September.... I know... Nuwai's lead time is long.. That's why we have not announced them on our web site yet.

Please stay tuned...

Thanks,

Gary Lee
www.EliteLED.com

____________________________________________________________________________________

From Lighthound;

"We have not seen these yet. We will check into this."

[SIZE=-1]Lighthound, Inc. Sales[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://www.lighthound.com[/SIZE]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

phosphor

Enlightened
I emailed Nuwai direct. They offered to sell the Q-100 Rebel to me in units of 36. The price was quoted as fob Hong Kong, which essentially means the buyer pays freight from there. We could do a group buy.......even with shipping I bet we could shave at least $20, probably more, off retail. It means buying them "sight untested" so to speak. However, if history is any indication Nuwai typically sells pretty good stuff.

Hummmm........I'm thinking.

- regards

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Nuwai direct. They offered to sell the Q-100 Rebel to me in units of 36. The price was quoted as fob Hong Kong, which essentially means the buyer pays freight from there. We could do a group buy.......even with shipping I bet we could shave at least $20, probably more, off retail. It means buying them "sight untested" so to speak. However, if history is any indication Nuwai typically sells pretty good stuff.

Hummmm........I'm thinking.

- regards

If this is as good as the Q-III, but has a better LED, I think a group buy could be successful.