Got my first Arc LSG to work, but hot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally soldered on the capacitor sent by Doug S (thanks!) and then I started to use the Arc LSG. Extremely bright hotspot, but very purple (I'd estimate a bin P5?) Anyways, I notice it getting very warm in the first minute; five minutes later it gets so hot I turn it off. Then it takes 3 minutes to cool down. Is this normal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that is normal. I have run my Arc LSs for 30 min at a time with the light merely getting warm not hot.

Cheers.

B@rt

Flashaholic
It gets warm, but not too hot to touch... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I've been running the head with Nimh's , and after a while, the head got warm, but not hot, as in too hot to touch... Pleasantly warm I'd say... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What kind of temps are you talking about? Do you have means to measure the temp?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mind you this is an Arc LS GREY. I can't measure the temp, but if you put it on your upper lip, then it feels extremely warm. IT's not too hot to hold, but it feels wrong.

-Dan

B@rt

Flashaholic
Yup. I know... Mine came from the same source... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
All my Ls lights get warm if I run them for a while, If the entire flashlight is getting warm, that just means the heat transfer is working... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not sure what to tell you, but I wouldn't worry about it and use the light... It is a relatively small light for the output, so temperatures can rise higher than with larger lights. As long as you can hold it, the temperature probably isn't high enough to damage the LED... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.