Trusty D-mini has died.Ricky has come to the rescue.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a sad day for my wife,her trusted D-mini has died,this happened suddenly this evening.The little pocket rocket was fine early this morning,as my wife uses it when she walks the dog at 4.30am.
This evening I decided to take the D-mini on my dog walk.
Switched on the D-mini nothing,no probs I have ready charged batteries at home.Got home and changed the battery a fresh AW RCR123 protected cell.Nothing:awman: "dont give up now little one" I gave it every hope.

I cleaned all that I could clean but nothing .This is truly a sad day,the D-mini was one hell of a great light.
icon9.gif
Now I just have to break it to my wife in the morning.

Last edited:

Daekar

Enlightened
Re: Trusty D-mini has died.

:( I feel for you. My light collection hasn't been the same since the light engine in my D-mini suffered a fatal modding accident (the new light engine should be delivered tomorrow - thanks Ricky!)... I was so excited too. A Q5'd D-mini with 18650 tube, it was going to be my "go-to" light. I'm still looking forward to it... it's just a little later than I wished is all. If your D-mini isn't too old and out of warranty (I think it's a year?) then you might want to let Ricky know about what happened - He might offer to replace it or repair it for you.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very sad. The D-mini is a great little light. Fortunately, they are still being made and a new one can be yours in a day or two. Still sucks though.

jefft

Enlightened

My D-mini also died after less than an hour of total runtime. Turns out the light engine failed. I contacted Ricky and sent the failed module back and just received the replacement earlier this week. I'm hoping this one lasts longer.....

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great news,Ricky has said he will fix it for me.Even better news for my wife.BTW great customer support Ricky,thank you.:twothumbs