Why Fenix?

djblank87

Enlightened
First off this is in know way a disrespect thread about Fenix flashlight products. I have only played around with two Fenix products a (P2D and P3D) that a friend has. I must say they are very nice and seem well constructed.

Being that I'm a SF/Streamlight guy and hearing so many bad things about Chinese flashlight manufacturers I have held back on buying some of there products.

What makes the Fenix company different from other Chinese flashlight manufacturers?

Go easy on me I'm a noob in this area, please educate me on why these lights are safe to buy compared to others.

Thanks.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Discount every single bit of trollbait that xiaowenzu has spewed, and I think your opinion of Fenix will change significantly.

Fenix are the high end of these low end flashlights, if that makes sense.. No, they aren't Surefires. And they certainly aren't priced like them, either. In fact you could buy four Fenix for a single Surefire U2 or A2.

tarpon6

Newly Enlightened
I have only played around with two Fenix products a (P2D and P3D) that a friend has. I must say they are very nice and seem well constructed.

I'm a flashlight newbie, but I think you almost answer your own question. They are well constructed, very bright, and seem to be quick to the market with the latest and greatest LED. I think they are the best LED lights for the money. I am impressed with the threads on my L2D CE- silky smooth! They have earned a good reputation, and seem to work hard to keep it.

zk188

Newly Enlightened
That is so true xiaowenzu does need to be banned always posting BS i dont get why people bash fenix either. but they are great lights at a low price and they give us what we want we want MOP reflectors we got it they listen very well to the customer and that why i love them.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy from US retailers and enjoy great customer service (my favourite is fenix-store.com), your light will be replaced/repaired if anything goes wrong, but doesn't happen too often with Fenix lights. A lot of people on CPF own Fenix lights and a vast majority is very happy with them. They always use the newest LED technology and their LED circruits are very effective and provide fully regulated output for long hours, look at the runtimes!
There are many models to choose - if you prefer AAA/AA/2xAA/CR123/2xCR123A battery options, Cree or Rebel LED, a simple clickie or a tactical momentary clickie, 2 leves or 3+2 levels of output and so on... :naughty: The manufacturer of Fenix lights listens to suggestions of CPF members and can make changes to design quicker than any other flashlight company.
And that everything for excellent price!

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Why Fenix ?

In no small part, it's due to the Fantastic service and support of their main dealer in North America:

:party: The Fenix-Store, run by 4sevens (David) :party:

Certainly a big "Plus" for Fenix, as many here will attest.

:thumbsup:

_

djblank87

Enlightened
Customer service is one of my main concerns. If something did go wrong with a light I want to know it will be taken care of.

Since you guys all say Fenix will back up there products then I guess I will go and place and order asap.

Thanks for the information.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will get A+ customer service.
Take your time and choose the Fenix model that suits your needs the best.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The success of Fenix can be traced back to two things and two things only.

1- Great value of product for what you pay.
2- Time to market.

The Fenix line is a good quality of products for a very fair price. In addition, they bring a working product to the market quicker than anyone else I've seen. Not to knock on companies like SureFire or Arc (for example), but it would not only take them 10-times longer to bring the product to the public, it would be at least 2-4 times the price of Fenix. Call it cheap labor or whatever you want. The bottom line is they're the 1st to market with the product and that product is usually at a great price.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a thread over in the LED subforum explaining why people like Fenix:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/173355

basically, latest LED's brought out at breakneck speed with excellent regulation and other features being responsive to the wishes of even sophisticated users. Oh, and at decent prices for what you get.

as to the "China produces cheap and inferior quality goods" story, although no doubt there are some of those (as there are in other places, by the way!), this story is very outmoded. It's not by accident that China has become the manufacturing center for the world!

shakeylegs

Enlightened
The success of Fenix can be traced back to two things and two things only.

1- Great value of product for what you pay.
2- Time to market.

The Fenix line is a good quality of products for a very fair price. In addition, they bring a working product to the market quicker than anyone else I've seen. Not to knock on companies like SureFire or Arc (for example), but it would not only take them 10-times longer to bring the product to the public, it would be at least 2-4 times the price of Fenix. Call it cheap labor or whatever you want. The bottom line is they're the 1st to market with the product and that product is usually at a great price.

I agree with almost everything you say, but I would not discount the importance of customer service. Every manufacturer puts out some lemons and one sour experience really gets around. Fenix and their representatives (David:twothumbs, Lighthound, Pro Light Japan) make lemonade out of lemons while dishing up great service. That's a winning combination.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard good and bad from people who have dealt with Surefire's customer service. I have only heard extremely good things about dealers like fenix-store.com! I had some issues with a first run of the P3D Rebel100's and fenix-store.com quickly replaced my light. Many people have had tailcap problems with Surefire, and some have said they have waited months for a replacement and some are still waiting, but hopefully these are rare circumstances. With Fenix I haven't heard of anyone being left to hang out and dry by companies like fenix-store, lightound, etc.

I like my Fenix's because they are very small, have some of the most efficent circuits you'll find, and are very bright and are quick to get the latest and greatest emitters to their customers.

I have a P3D Rebel100, a P2D Q2, and fenix-store modded my P3D P4 to a Q5!

They may not be the right choice for police officers, fight fighters, military, etc, although they'd make nice back up lights. :) However, for the average joe that doesn't need to deflect bullets and doens't want to lug around a big hunk of gnarled aluminum, Fenix lights are great.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I like my Fenix's because they are very small, have some of the most efficent circuits you'll find, and are very bright and are quick to get the latest and greatest emitters to their customers... They may not be the right choice for police officers, fight fighters, military, etc, although they'd make nice back up lights. :) However, for the average joe that doesn't need to deflect bullets and doens't want to lug around a big hunk of gnarled aluminum, Fenix lights are great.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :twothumbs

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Fenix lights are a great value! They have several models to choose from with Crees, Rebels, and some good old fashioned Luxeons. Just about something for everyone! I have purchased all my Fenix lights from the Fenix-Store and the free shipping, fast delivery and excellent customer service is the best !! :)

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes the Fenix company different from other Chinese flashlight manufacturers?

I think the main difference is their electronics package. They seem to be able to squeeze a little more out of a battery than anyone else. They seem to have their head together as a company and build a product of reasonable quality for only a modest premium in cost over inferior products. It doesn't hurt that fenix-store.com is willing to go the extra mile to make their customers happy.

Now if they could just look at NovaTac and others, and learn how to do decent checkering ;)

Haz

Enlightened
I think the main difference is their electronics package. They seem to be able to squeeze a little more out of a battery than anyone else. They seem to have their head together as a company and build a product of reasonable quality for only a modest premium in cost over inferior products. It doesn't hurt that fenix-store.com is willing to go the extra mile to make their customers happy.

Now if they could just look at NovaTac and others, and learn how to do decent checkering ;)

Well said, I think that is the main reason for their success, it's difficult to find another chinese light, that has the same regulation, output like the Fenix. I believe they still have room for improvement, in terms of the HA Type 3 coatings, and the contact points for the batteries, cosmetically the printed circuit board don't look as nice as some other chinese lights i have seen that uses a solid rivet, however they do seem to function fine.

carrot

Flashaholic
An interesting trend is that only those who don't own Fenixes bash them. Those who own 'em seem pretty content aside from the occasional nitpickiness.

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
Buy a Fenix flashlight and you will not regret. You will get ultimate LED technology, very good quality of materials and a really efficient customer service at the best price possible.:twothumbs
My first quality flashlight was a Fenix P1D-CE. When I first turned it on I couldn't believe to my eyes, really.
:wave:

Nicoby

Newly Enlightened
Best bang for the buck. in fact, this is my high-end-to-me flashlight a P1D CE. a very impressive light for its size.