Got my flashlights yesterday!(UK eLed,Cabelas....)

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, got both my orders in yesterday from Cabelas and Brightguy. Ordered them both Tuesday evening and got them Thursday afternoon!

Of interest, i got the NEW Underwater Kinetics eLed and the new Cabelas 1 cell(123) Extreme xenon/led(cute lil' bugger).

The UK eled is pretty neat and im now regreting that I only got 1 for my wife. It's got a focused beam like on the brinkmann rebel, but actually the UK's beam is almost exactly 2x times as big as the brinkmann rebel's just not as intense of course. and yes I confirmed it, although i knew it would, but the lamp assemblies(xenon/eled) can be swapped back and forth.

Now to one of my new Favorite lights! the cabela's 1 cell (123) extreme xenon/led. I LOVE THIS THING! (please excuse the short review, im at work) Of course, click once and the 3 led's come on which are about the same brightness as my Streamlight Clipmate, didnt' do a real good comparison but they seemed close from what i could tell. The alignment of the led's is pretty darn good so the beam is smooth(smoother than the Streamlight Clipmate), although not as white as SOME might hope for, but i love it! Okay, next, click the button again and it turns off, click again and now the xenon is on. The xenon is not a perfect circle due to the reflector being cutout for the led's but you can tell it would be a pretty decent circle if it didn't have the led's. It's more like a pie with 2 SMALL slices being cut out on each side, but the "slices" don't touch each other, if that makes sense? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif In any case it is plenty bright for most tasks in my opinion. Up next to my modded Sam's choice 2aa w/ 2v krypton, it is clearly the winner. Oh yeah, i didn't mess much with the focus ability cause i really like it just the way it is(head twisted almost all the way down). Well what else can i say, I love this light! Oh yeah, it measures just shy of 4" and it came with a holster w/flap and a wrist lanyard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
4x4, thanks for the review. How big is the Cabela's light compared to a Surefire E1? How bright is the xenon compared to the E1? I'm assuming you have an E1!

Joe

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
4x4, thanks for the review. How big is the Cabela's light compared to a Surefire E1? How bright is the xenon compared to the E1? I'm assuming you have an E1!

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i don't have an e1, don't plan on getting one either. hopefully someone with an e1 will get this light as well so as to do a comparo.

from the dimensions on surefire's website, the e1 is 3.5" isn't it? the extreme xenon/led is just under 4"

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe...I had an E1 not too long ago (sold it to a fellow CPFer). From my recollection, the Nuwai (got mine 2 days ago) is just about as bright as an E1, but won't throw quite as far, because it won't focus down as tight as the E1. The Nuwai is almost identical in output to a PT Rage. This little Nuwai is like carrying a PT Attitude and Rage in your pocket at the same time...VERY nice little package! Like 4X4 Dragon, I REALLY like mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
4x4Dragon - those "slices" in your Cabelas 1x123a light will go away if you twist the bezel end and focus the xenon bulb - it is focusable, isn't it??? The 2 slices are made by the posts holding the filament in the bulb - not the LEDs. You would have 3 slices if you were seeing the LED holes. If it's not focusing down as tight as needed, check to see if the bulb is not seated all the way down.

Sounds like the same switch as in my AL-606 (2x123a)- they just removed the 6-LED setting and replaced it with an "OFF".

AL-606:
3 LED on
6 LED on
Xenon on
Off

AL-103 (the one you have)
3 LED on
Off
Xenon on
Off

al_606.gif

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I got my cabelas extreme 1 cell lithium light today, it is great ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The output from the xenon is nice but does anyone know if I popped in the xenon from my Legend LX if there would be more output?

-Matt

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the LX bulb is a little brighter. I forget the specs but it draws more current a produces a little bit brighter light.

EDIT: whoops, sorry, need to READ the posts - no you can't use an LX bulb in a single 123a cell light.

beam_me_up

Enlightened
To anyone else that owns the new Cabela's Extreme 1 cell LED/xenon light, is the on/off switch a little stiff for you? This seems to be the only drawback of the light, it's just a tad bit too stiff but other than that it's great

p.s. craig - I would love to see you review this light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
zerox said:
p.s. craig - I would love to see you review this light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I get one, it'll have to wait awhile - I have a number of lights ahead of that space in line. Then again, if a light review is really needed, I can always fast-track it ahead of the others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif