Oldstyle Arc LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I long for the days of the old style Arc LS. I loved everything about it. If it were still being manufactured it would still be selling. I realize there is a new LS in the works but..........I still like the old one. I have owned many and now I have none:( The last one I had I gave to my brother which he still has, so at least it is being put to use. A simple, durable, quality light it was. Premiums, Standards, I loved buying them. Like a kid in a candy store. Oh, yeah, I turned around and sold em. Of all the lights I've bought and sold the old arc ls is still my favorite. Anyone else feel this way? Can you imagine the old arc ls in multiple colors, blue, red, green. Wow, I gotta stop. I just want em back!!!!!!!!!! Doug:)

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug,

I just discovered the old LS. I currently own 3. It still is a great light in stock form. You just have to appreciate its simplicity, quality, and great beam. A simple mod and it will be up there with today's best. The only thing that could be improved is the addition of a pocket clip.

Nick

mahoney

Enlightened
There's a lot to be said for simplicity. Even the old Rev 0.9 first runs upgraded with a Seoul LED and a McR18 or a McFlood can become a "wow" light again. Small, bright, plays well with AA batteries...

cy

Flashaholic
amazing how world's first luxeon light... ARC LS first run has still yet to be surpassed in versatility.

with it's three twisty tailcaps as standard equipment. ARC LS first run could run on 1x AA, 2x AA and CR123. due to high vf of early low domes, R123 li-ion would run fine too.

as for form factor... ARC LS set the bar long ago. a lot of it had to do with simply being the first. form follows function. it's major weakness was non-water resistance (fixed in next LS w/1 piece head)

no extra charge for greenie tints and low output :D
just so happened it was the current state of the art.... amazing how far technologies has progressed in such a short span.

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned
6f1a722d.jpg

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah, it's definitely on. And someone is gonna get served.:lolsign:

I'll be an innocent spectator watching from the sidelines.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`ve bought a lot of Arcs...I've sold a lot of Arcs...and I still have *several* Arcs.

Long live the Land of Arc, and all of the kind souls who live in that magical realm.

:thumbsup:

bhds

Enlightened
LSHFP modded with a TWAK hangs from my bellt loop every night at work. Its on its 3rd kroll rubber boot. Other than that its been a trooper for the last few years. If only peter would update it with a newer Cree or Rebel......:mecry:

paulr

Flashaholic
That chrome is just beautiful. I'm waiting for the yaesumofo/bombelman collaboration to make further progress.

mosport

Enlightened
The LS' clean lines and design are indeed special to many CPF members, holding the "First to market Luxeon Star Flashlight" distinction. It's also the light that I began modding with and continue to upgrade as technology progresses, the best of both worlds :rock:

Rather than collecting all the versions and revisions of this light, I enjoy using this one as my EDC. Regardless of what's lasered on your LS bezel, they're all modern day classics!

img1037fw3.jpg
img1040zd4.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
IMHO Peter missed the boat when he decided to drop the ARC LSH/LSL line when ARC4+ was released.

when Surefire first released U2, they had no intension of dropping say L4. Each product should sell on it's own merits.

pretty safe to say if ARC LSH was re-released in exact same form. with upgrades (two stage board/P4 emitter/reflector) it'd be a smash hit!

don't know about you, but I'd jump on a ti ARC LS :D

no need to have every option including the kitchen sink, while others put out multiple lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.