Fenix L2D tailcap switch failure

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, my L2D Fenix has completely failed. I've had it for about 2 weeks. Dropped it once on day 1, EDC it but not abused it. Suddenly, it doesn't turn on. I replaced the cells with no result. It's probably the switch. It failed when I needed a light of course.

There are other reports of failed clickies on Fenix lights (if you can get the search feature to work)

Question, is the "tactical" or forward clickie more reliable?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try to take out the switch and tighten the ring that secures the switch inside the tailcap? Tailcap failures are not that common on Fenix - it's usually just the ring that needs to be tightened.
Try to switch it on without the tailcap - take a piece of metal or wire and connect the battery (anode) with the body... It's a tailcap problem if that works.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I looked at the inside ring and all seems fine. I don't see how you can tighten it any further.

I can try to run a wire from the (-) of the rear battery to the body.

clipse

Enlightened
I don't believe that the new momentary switches have been out long enough to know how reliable they will be.

On another note: I've had four different Fenix lights over the last 1 1/2 years and have never had an issue with any of these switches.

clipse

Latest posts