Nuwai Q-100 (rebel)

TMorita

Enlightened

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to unscrew the reflector from the back using a pair of needle-nose pliers.

Toshi

When you say the back, do you mean at the bottom of the battery tube? Because the head & body is one piece.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent. Where can you buy these?

Here is an email i just received:

Hi John,

Yes, the model is Nuwai Q-100. Like other Nuwai models, we will be the 1st in the US to carry them. They are in production right now, we should have them available late September.... I know... Nuwai's lead time is long.. That's why we have not announced them on our web site yet.

Please stay tuned...

Thanks,

Gary Lee
www.EliteLED.com

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
John, the head and body are (at least were) seperate pieces. You generally have to heat them up to get them apart, as they apply threadlock of some sort on there to keep poeple from just taking things apart and messing them up. Once the head is off, the reflector screws out from the top..

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TM-301X-5 is one piece. The only moving part is the tailcap at the bottom. It must be different from the old Q-III's.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Son of a gun!!!! They are so close fitting that if i didn't see this pic i wouldn't have believed it! I got it apart.

Thanks,

John

Luminescent

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this is a multi-mode light with at least 2 power levels.

Looking at the specs on their web page -

* Up to 180 Lumens

* Burn time up to 4-5 hours

On a single CR-123?

You have to push more than 700 ma. through a Rebel-100 to get 180 lumens and with the boost converter inefficiency, that would equate to maybe 1.5 hours at full power on a 1400mAH CR-123.

Does the light have a lower power mode or are they are just BULLS#!TING everyone by rating the tail end of a long slopeing fall off just before it becomes totally useless?

I hope this light has at least 2 power levels, because not having a lower power mode on a light rated at 180 lumens would be insanely stupid, and make the light almost useless for close in jobs like reading a map at night or working on something at close quarters in the dark.

My Jetbeam C-LE saved my skin one night, by letting me get up under my dash and change a fuse, but I found that I had to kick it down to MEDIUM, to be able to properly see everything comfortably because HIGH was throwing way too much light (and the C-LE is only rated for 80 lumens on HIGH). In fact to look at something real close, even the LOW mode puts out more than enough light.

I like the build quality on the Nuwai lights, but if this one doesn't have at least High and Low power levels (with low about 20-40 lumens), then that's a show stopper for me.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Son of a gun!!!! They are so close fitting that if i didn't see this pic i wouldn't have believed it! I got it apart.

Thanks,

John

It must have been that "junky" Chinese machining that fool ya.... :)

I'm really impressed with the quality and fit of some of these lights.

Sure looks like it was well made and the UCL will be a nice addition.

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
They might go on sale as early as next month... that's what I know. The Production samples exists....