Wolf Eye Cree Drop-In Problem

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I recently purchased a Wolf Eye D26 4-mode Cree drop-in. Installed in a C2, with a Z48 clicky. This has become my go-to light, and in general I'm quite happy with it.

The drop-in, however, has an intermittent failure to switch mode. It will switch modes most of the time, but about one time in five it will fail to switch mode on a soft-click and remain in "100%" mode. Last night I had a run of about 25 attempts in a row, all of which failed to switch mode. There is nothing different on the timing of the failed attempts versus the successful attempts.

I have emailed PTS for support, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Is anyone else having a problem like this? Did I just get a bad one that needs replacement, or is this a common failure?

Thanks.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a D36 4-mode recently and I can't get it to change modes with primaries. On a LRB-168, it did go to strobe after so many soft clicks, and only strobe if it does change modes. I noticed on my LA that there is a slight flicker when i first switch it on, or after a fairly long break after turning it off. And I was about to send Mike a PM when I saw this thread.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been procrastinating, but intending to start a similar thread. I have not emailed PTS or anything, and really am not looking for additional hassles right now.
My D26 3.7-6V 4 mode has been getting stuck in a mode. It can be any mode. Sometimes it won't light up on the first push. Rarely it will skip a mode. Most of the time it works fine.
That isn't good enough, IMO.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
Sorry to hear about the problems! If ever we do not answer an email please call us or PM me.

For those of you with a defective LED module, PM me with your order numbers and we will send out a replacement ASAP.

Dark Vapor,
Thanks for the PM!
You're good to go with a new one packaged and waiting on the second mail pick up today.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Incredible service -- I've already received shipping notification of my replacement. Thanks, Mike!