Help me program my new LF3/LF2

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone help me program my new LF3? How do you know what mode your in?

I have and have read the pdf file,still not working.From what I read sw = swithcycle must do in under 1 sec per cycle,I get that but cant tell what mode its in,never mind battery voltage indicater!

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
See my response to your post below.

Also, if you get lost and do not know what mode you are in just do this to get back to standard mode as a starting point:

Turn light on to P1. Now from there just go to P2 and back to P1 and that is considered 1 switch since it is actually P1-P2-P2. You should be in standard mode. To get to the next mode which is user mode, Turn light on to P1 and do P2-P1-P2-P1. Now going to P2 will increase or decrease the light. Remember it ramps very slowly.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im still not seeing any ramping up or down ,if Im even in user program mode!!
Christo_pull_hair.gif

If I understand in user mode i can set any level low for P1 and any level for P2,do I have that right??

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're not seeing any ramping, you might not be waiting long enough. It's pretty slow, as well as ramping the current linearly (instead of logarithmically), so if you've just gone into user adjusted mode (default 50%) and tried to get it to increase the output, you'd have to pay very close attention to see the change. It winks when it reaches the limit.

Try rereading the instructions a few times. Hopefully, it'll make more sense each time you go through it, as it did for me.

LED Cool

Enlightened
hello paul6ppca,

turn on your LF3 at P1, what do you get? low light (STANDARD), 1Hz STROBE or low SOS?
then turn to P2 and what do you get? brighter light (STANDARD), fast STROBE or high SOS?

If non of the above mentioned, then you most likely are in USER ADJUSTABLE mode. please do SWx1 i.e. (P1-P2-P1) in less than 1 second and you should be back to STANDARD mode.

also please have a look at both the LF2 threads in my sig line.

also please make sure you start twisting from the P1 position, NOT from the OFF position. almost all twistie light in the market require the user to twist to the OFF position to change modes. LiteFlux LF2/LF3/LF4/LF5 do not because of its unique 2 stage switch.

regards,
khoo