fenix p1dce or p2d rebel

bandit99

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this has already been addressed. I want to purchase a fenix P1DCE or one of the P2D rebel editions. I like the short length of the P1DCE but I also like the convenience of the click switch on the P2D. I just want a light that I can stuff in my pocket at night that will be bright enough to scan a parking lot and also use one of the dimmer settings to look for junk in my car. My only concern is with the click switch on the rear of the P2D. Will it get turned on in my pocket and run the batteries down? Any ideas or other brands that I should look at? Thanks

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bandit,

Welcome to CPF. When in doubt....buy both. If you really only want one of them, I would choose the P2D. I like clickies better than twisties, and it is recessed, so it will not turn on in your pocket. I have one, and I love it.

If you are open to suggestions....I just got a Surefire L1, and I love it even more than my P2D. In fact, I like it better than any light I have, or have ever had. If you have the money, I would go with the L1. Nice beam, build quality, tactical switch, Surefire brand, and did I say I really, really, really like this light?

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The P2D-CE(or the brighter Rebel 100 version, $55.20 with the "CPF8" coupon) should be fine for your application. If you have the money, go for the Novatac 120P. Your can program the output levels on this light and it is overbuilt and tough. The Novatac is about twice the weight of the P2D-CE and might be a bit big to pocket.

The switch should not be a problem unless you have a lot of protruding things in you pocket.

Welcome to CPF!

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF bandit99! :) I have a couple P2D's and they are really nice lights. I agree with Rob that if the funds are available a Surefire L1 would be a good investment...:thumbsup:

leprechaun414

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF :wave:

I asked this same question not to long ago and I ended up going with the P2D RB100. I am happy with my selection. The size is great for the pocket and I enjoy the clickie better than the twist. And yes the clickie will not get hit in your pocket so so don't have to worry about it turning on in your pocket. The P1 is smaller if your looking to conserve on room but the P2 is not much bigger. Good luck with your choice.

+2 for the P2D RB100 :twothumbs

bandit99

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the quick responses. I just ordered the P2D RB100 and 10 streamlite batteries. This site has way too much information. Next I'm going to find out about upgrading my surefire g2 and e2d. :twothumbs

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
Good thing the P2D RB100 doesn't have a tactical (forward) clickie or I'd have to get one. :whistle:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine does.....:twothumbs
L2T-P2DComboB.jpg

l2tp2dcombobml5.jpg

Last edited:

WASF

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the quick responses. I just ordered the P2D RB100 and 10 streamlite batteries. This site has way too much information. Next I'm going to find out about upgrading my surefire g2 and e2d. :twothumbs
I think you chose well, I have one and I like it a lot :D
Arnon

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
bondr006,
That looks more like a CR123A body for the L1T/L2T. :) I see that the parts fit but do they work?

If Fenix starts selling the tailcap for the L1T V2 separately that would be the ticket!

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a P2D body. I put the L1T/L2T head on my L2D body. I also took the tactical switch guts from the L1T/L2T switch cap and put them in the P2D switch cap. I now have a two level P2D, or P2T if you will, with a forward tactical clicky. Yes...it works very well. It turned my P2D which I already loved into a light I like even better now. :thumbsup:

bondr006,
That looks more like a CR123A body for the L1T/L2T. :) I see that the parts fit but do they work?

If Fenix starts selling the tailcap for the L1T V2 separately that would be the ticket!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the P2D Rebel100. I have a P1D-CE, P2D-CE Q2, P3D, etc, I carry the P2D-CE Q2. The P2D Rebel100 is abou the same output as the P2D-CE Q2 which may no longer be aviable? The Rebel100's have a nice smooth beam and usually a slightly nicer tint, than the Q2.

Tremendo

Enlightened
You did well. I bought 3 P1D-CE's when they came out and a couple days ago got 2 P2D P100's. I have now given away all P1D-CE's, even though great lights, the new P2D P100's rock big time and I dig the switch. I'd like a tactical switch, but I also need a tail stand, so I'm OK with it as is.

Great time to be into flashlights, no one can belive the light that these things produce.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd get the Novatac if I didn't mind the size and cost and wanted a multi-level light. Between the P2D and P1DCE, hmm, I haven't tried the P1DCE but I think I'd get it anyway, based on experiences with the L1DCE and L0DCE. Basically I don't like the pushbutton very much. It just feels cheap and doesn't have a positive clicking action if you don't press it firmly enough. It's sort of like operating one of those 4-color ballpoint pens. I do like the P1CE but it's a one level light.