stock L1D-CE vs. modified L1D-CE with Q5

skeefu

Newly Enlightened
Since I am new to the forum, can anyone please explain in detail if possible the difference between the two? I have an L1D-CE, LOD-CE, P1D-CE, P2D-CE and a P3D-CE that I am thinking of having modified by David to the Q5 . Any and all info is GREATLY appreciated !:drool:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I had my P3D P4 modded to a Q5. Chevrofreak estimated the P3D P4 to be putting out about 130 lumens (out the front). With a Q5 he estimated 190 lumens. My own testing came up with about the same figures. The P3D Rebel100 rated at about 150 lumens.

So 130 to 190 is fairly noticeable.

I'm not sure what the difference will be with the L1D-CE. Is that rated for 135 lumens with a P4? That would be emitter lumens.

If you click the "Bounce Test" link in my sig, you can look at pictures of my P3D P4, vs the P3D Q5 in a bounce box.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Since I am new to the forum, can anyone please explain in detail if possible the difference between the two? I have an L1D-CE, LOD-CE, P1D-CE, P2D-CE and a P3D-CE that I am thinking of having modified by David to the Q5 . Any and all info is GREATLY appreciated !:drool:

Do you feel that your lights are deficient as is? You're looking at $65 per light per mod. You'll probably see increased output from most of your lights, but $325 worth? Maybe mod one of your lights then drop the balance of that cash on a honkin' flame thrower. If it's greater output you are after, with that budget I'm sure you'll get a slew of suggestions.

Biggoggs

Newly Enlightened
Wow, $65 per mod? I was under the impression it was cheaper to spend a few dollars on a new emitter, than a new flashlight altogether!
It's beginning to sound like the computer industry, doesn't pay to be on the bleeding-edge of development :)