Gatlight V3 or Surefire Titan

paulr

Flashaholic
I guess the Gatlight. It's more artistic and the SF is too marketroided if you know what I mean. I've played with a Gatlight and it's real nice, though I haven't felt terribly strong desire for one. If you want a really sweet, stylish high end light in that price level, my first choice would be the Spy.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chose the Gatlight, because it was actually available in reasonable numbers, significantly cooler-looking (to me), brighter, and I feel that $430 for a Ti V3 got me more flashlight than would $500+tax for a Titan. Also, SF touts the Titan as being the world's only variable-output light, and it so isn't (not cool).

I think one of the biggest reasons was that the Gatlight felt like a CPF creation, while the Titan feels like a PR stunt.

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
I would choose the Titan. (Even though we have SF bashers in here)

I like the lumen by lumen brightness control, The look along with the size. Yes. Its expensive. But with the lower-priced Titan coming out soon (From what i understand now.) there will be an alternative to the 500.00 Titan.

(I'm not going to comment about my SF bashers comment. I might even remove it all together just because i don't want to totally de-rail this thread like what always happens when we get into SureFire vs brand x discussions :ironic: | If you really have to know what i was saying feel free to contact me via IM.)

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm not trying to bash SF, it's just the presentation of this particular light rubs me the wrong way. OK, several SF's are like that. But there are still some SF lights that I wouldn't mind having, mainly the L4, M6, and A2, not sure in what order.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
none,
the one is an awful looking, unnecessary big part of dust catching edges,
the other an extremely overpriced, slippery looking nightmare

perfect examples of jerk gadgets
;)

Rob187

Enlightened
Tough call but since I can't afford either of them but...

I would rather have a Gatlight because it is brighter, has better power source and has a unique appearance.

LowTEC

Enlightened
I would pick the gatlight, it looks like an art than a flashlight really. there is nothing remotely like it on the market.

x923x

Newly Enlightened
choose one

I'm unfamiliar with this "choose one" phrase you speak of. Paying the mortgage is for the unenlightened, buy both!

Kidding aside, i do have a V3 and love the fact that it's a unique looking custom light and I appreciate the personal connection Lumencraft has here and on other forums. Besides.....titanium AND carbon fiber? Now that's just plain sexy in my book.

I still want a Titan though.

faco

Enlightened
TITAN for me.........smaller & lighter. V3 is too big for EDC (IMO), very nice though.........

jrv

Newly Enlightened
I like the lumen by lumen brightness control, The look along with the size. Yes. Its expensive. But with the lower-priced Titan coming out soon (From what i understand now.) there will be an alternative to the 500.00 Titan.

I'm not sure what "lumens by lumens" means? The Gatlight is continuously variable via knob.

Lumencraft is working on a newer, smaller light that might address size concerns, but it is still in the CAD stages and won't be available for a while.

Does Lumencraft claim 200 lumens? I don't think it's that bright. It is bright but is a flood rather than a spotlight.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I prefer the character and look of the Gatlight. Since I probably wouldn't EDC either one of them I'd say the V3 would be more interesting to have in the collection. I don't even care for the name of the Titan for some reason...lol. I don't think the name fits it. Maybe Titan should have been reserved for one of their HIDs.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neither.

I'm sticking with my Ti-PD. On which I can also attach the SF red and blue filters as well as the diffuser (F04). So the one light can perform several different functions. As well as function under water.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get the Gatlight in a heart beat! It is much more unique, and I think it is quite cool!

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I hate to be brutal but it looks like the handle of a pair of vise-grips with some jewels set in it. I would not carry something so pretty maybe my wife would like it. Specs look good though.