• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: 1 or 2 AMC7135 boards, just to give this mod thing a try !

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
Hi guys,

I have actually been modifying flashlights for some time (read -- take it apart as soon as I get it and try to see what I can change around)
and have decided to try to upgrade my little Spiderfire (crap) (fake Cree)
with a Q5
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2394
this one.

I see it is back ordered and I may be in the market for one of those too.
I hate waiting.
Ain't adult ADD a *****? :ohgeez:

I'm just looking for a couple of boards so I can
1 try my hand
2 not go on a modding binge (every flashlight in the house)
3 who the hell needs 10? (someone modding every flashlight in the house)

any better suggestions on the Q5??
other cheap places?

feel free to include links, I've spent about 10 hours reading this week but am still pretty new

If someone has some, I do have paypal !!

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
What kind of driver are you looking for? There are several different types based on AMC7135.
Stefan

I see.

It seems like DX is down right now or I would post a link.

They had a 10 pack of boards that were listed as AMC7135 producing 1050ma and with an input voltage of 3.6-4.5 (roughly)

Unfortunately they only seem to sell them in 10 's.

Since that is the case I figured someone would have more than they needed and I might be able to purchase a couple of surplus boards.

I have single 18650 tactical style light that I wanted to upgrade (take apart and mess with)
but my wife.. of wait, there is a smile here just for her. :shakehead

Yep, that's the one.
I think Bill Cosby said it best.
" Your wife isn't your friend. If your wife was your friend, you wouldn't have to marry her". :ohgeez:

Also, I have a couple of 3D Mags and if I get 10 of these then I have to buy the 3 led reflector, 3 more emitters, UCL lens, ect, ect, ect.
You get the idea.

Are there other places to get singles? (think I saw something about a phone book somewhere on here:thinking:)

I realize these may be super newb questions.
I have searched but sometimes the problem with the internet is that there is SO much info that it can be hard to find what you need amongst the sea of google returns.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some left of the 1050 mA drivers I bought. Send me a PM. By the way, the CREE Q5 are back in stock at ......... you know where.
Stefan