Nextorch P1

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own it, but from reading the specs, it appears to be a bit overpriced for a 3 watt Luxeon LED in an 18650 powered light.

For much less than the cost of that torch, check out this light:

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2946

3 times brighter (2 hours on high), but with a lower level too (up to 20 hours on the low level). Will run on 3 different power sources (1x18650, 2xRCR123, or 2xCR123). Reviews here on CPF show it to be a solid light, and an excellent value, with not only the latest generation of efficient LED, but easily upgradeable to the newest LEDs as technology advances.

Add a charger, and a couple of 18650 rechargeable batteries, and your are probably just a bit over $100.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Hard-anodized TypeII, that is not true, there is no such thing as type II HA. Only type II anodizing which is much weaker then true HA III.
I think that light is overpriced for a Luxeon III. It seems to be a re branded(or copied) Wolfeye Defender with a Luxeon Drop-In. For that price, I would suggest buying the Defender with a Cree drop-in. It will be around the same price, but much brighter. Looking up Wolfeye Defender Luxeon might give you some information about our posted light, here's a review of the Luxeon drop-in module.

Last edited:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Cool Thanks for the info guys.

Unfortunatly the light Derek Dean sugested is not what I am looking for (single level rechargable light)

Gunner12 you are right it does have the same body design as the Wolf Eyes light but for around $120US delivered it is not too bad & seeing as members here are happy with the nextorch The Saint HID light I thought that I would see about the P1.

If the price isn't too prohibitive ($200NZ or under) then I will go with the Wolf Eyes seing as the get good press here.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dereelight switches mode by twisting the head(review). Tighten for high and loosen for low. If you keep the head forever tight, it will act as a single level light. I have found two mode lights much more useful then one mode light but YMMV.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dereelight switches mode by twisting the head(review). Tighten for high and loosen for low. If you keep the head forever tight, it will act as a single level light. I have found two mode lights much more useful then one mode light but YMMV.
Good point Gunner12, that's exactly one of the reasons I've been eyeing the 2 stage Dereelight, I really like the idea of being able to simply leave the head twisted to the mode I will be using the most, and simply click the light on (either momentarily or full on), and then click off when I'm done.

You can't get much simpler than that, AND with the added of bonus of having a second level, you can work up close and have extended run time, all just a quick bezel turn away.

Here is a thread where I believe you can get free world wide shipping for the Dereelight:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166478

Of course, I think Dr. Jekell would be happy with either the Dereelight or the Wolf-Eyes.....both seem to be excellent, rugged, versatile, up-to-date lights that offer upgradability. Here is a dealer in Australia for the Wolf-Eyes products:

http://www.quarterflash.com.au/wolfeyes/index.php?&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26