Another wife story. She gets it...

KingGlamis

Banned
Tonight we went to a wedding. Small wedding, had a good time, blah, blah. So as I was getting dressed for the wedding the wife says to me "You won't need any flashlights at the wedding honey, so just leave them at home." I didn't say a word, but thought to myself "Yeah right, like I'm going out at night without lights."

So fast forward to after the wedding, the reception was on the third floor of this hotel/resort and they have a nice outside patio that overlooks the city. My wife knows me too well. As we are standing outside with a few friends my wife says "So how many lights did you bring?" :thumbsup: She definitely knows me. I replied that I had three lights on me. She says "Well show them your super light, shine it on those palm trees way over there." I lit up the palm trees with my WF-501D and all our friends were amazed. Even some of the bystanders were like "holy cow, did you see that light?"

So yeah, even though my wife pretends to complain about my flashlight obsession, she is impressed with my better lights and likes showing them off to our friends. :twothumbs

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh. Not related to wives, but I always wonder why so many people think there's no point in carrying lights with you when you go outside.

I always carry a Cree CR123 light on me when I'm out, and it's proven useful more than once. My friends have started to see the point and no longer say anything when I use it, but I always get weird stares from nearby people.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has learned to appreciate lights, and even carries a few of her own. She has a headlamp in her work bag, which she has had to use numerous times in her nursing duties during blackouts. She also uses her Inova P1 keychain light a lot, and her Rock River 2 AAA light.

During the blackouts she has been the envy of the staff.