Is this 10Watt LED light a real product?

johnny13oi

Enlightened
There are no 7W and 10W LEDs that exist that I know of. I don't think Luxeon produces a 7 or 10W LED.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
7W & 10W refer to battery drain, not power to the LED.
Most 7W runs a Lux III at 1000 mA (4W) and waste 3W as heat across the dropping resistor.
The 10W uses a more robust K2 emitter, feeds a bit more power to the LED and wastes even more power through the dropping resistor.

Here are some more 10W lights

All this is old technology. The Cree/SSC/rebels are twice as bright for the same power input. I suggest you spend that little extra bit to get a Cree light. If you absolutely can not afford the price of say this you can get it cheaper [url="http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6177]here[/url]

A word of warning. MattK of Battery Junction is rather picky about what he carries. DX and Kai will list everything available including lots and lots of junk. And they don't always carry stock so shipping could be next day or 3 months from your order.

Last edited:

MikeRD03

Newly Enlightened
Wow, look at the data - A bit more than 100 Lumen with 10W energy consumption. That is what I would call a bad lumen/watt rating of abount 10Lumen/Watt!! I wouldn´t even touch that thing!

Besides that THERE ARE 10,15, 20 50 Watt LEDs availible. But most of them would not go very well in a flashlight..

cheers,
MikeRD03

Last edited:

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok . I won't buy the light. thanks for the tips guys.