The light you save may be your own!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago I purchased a Wolf Eyes 9DX Raider from Pacific Tactical. I was immediately knocked out by the build quality and brightness of this light! I purchased the Cree version with the turbo bezel. Last week I decided to put some new energizer CR123's into the light instead of what came with it. When I put the new batteries in the light, it would not come on. I took them out and double checked the instructions on how to place the batteries. There was even two small stickers inside the battery tube near the switch that shows which side of the light the + end of the batteries point. I tried again and nothing. When I removed the switch to take the batteries out, there was a little smoke coming out of the tube and a really nice smell! :confused: I immediately contacted Pacific Tactical. Their response was that the batteries were put in backwards, but the instructions sent with the light were incorrect. This light was originally designed for an incandescent module. When a LED module is used, the batteries go in the opposite direction (+ toward the LED). They immediately sent me a replacement module and I am a happy camper once again!:D I would also like to give Mike at PT a big kudo for their great customer service:thumbsup:. I am looking to get one of the 6 series snipers and will be getting it from PT!

I thought I would pass this story on to help others in case the same situation arises. I do not know if all of the Wolf Eyes lights are like this but it is no fun when one of your new toys gets fried!:( I will give a more detailed impression of this light once I am really able to field test it more. Just going by build quality and brightness, I am very impressed with WE and plan to buy more!

Mike

GreySave

Enlightened
Mike at PTS is wonderful to work with. He will help guide you through the products he carries so that you select what works for you, and his after the sale service is equally impressive.

And yes, Wolf-Eyes is a great product. I have a Raider and absolutely love it as it holds its own against some much more expensive lights. If you would like some really high output, consider purchasing the D26 bezel for about $12 plus shipping and some Lumens Factory bulbs. The runtime gets cut in half for the extreme output series bulbs, but if you need the high output they can't be beat.

Latest posts