New Hyperion

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
Hyperion,

I just received this light yesterday and had a chance to play with it last night. I'm very impressed.

It's an impressive little light. Very bright with a perfect beam. The OP reflector provides a smooth beam, not a single artifact, large hot spot with good spill! High quality HA III, very nice knurling on body and head, smooth threads, and an easy to use UI (80 lumens, 20 lumens, 140 lumens, strobe 140 lumens, standby flash every five seconds. You can stand it on end and use it as a candle as well Waterproof to 33 feet. 2 3/4" in length, 3/4" diameter.

Size, knurling/HAIII finish and the beam quality are the three best things about this light, IMO.

I'm really glad I bought this light. And, at $35.00, I feel it's a heck of a deal!

(Images from Lighthound)

The bottom/end of the light is recessed to allow for using a lanyard while standing on end. I ran mine through both holes so it doesn't loop over the bottom edge like the way it does in the picture.

hypcer.jpg

The beam truly looks like this! However, the PIC doesn't do it justice because you can't see the spill. It's large and very effective.
hypcer5.jpg

LightScene

Enlightened
The knurling on that light looks great...

What type of battery does it use?

And is the switch a twisty?
It uses CR123/RCR123. All modes work fine with RCR123. Yes, it's a twisty.
One knock on this light is that it gets pretty warm very fast on high with an RCR123. Apparently, that's because the circuit is not very efficient in that mode with RCR123. This also makes the runtime shorter.
Another problem is that the mode switching can be finicky.
Still it's a great light for the price. Unbeaten in it's class with RCR123.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My CE-R will skip to the following mode after switching on into memory.

The light's original mode settings are : Med - Lo - High - Strobe - SOS.

However, for e.g, if it is switched on in Lo (formerly memorized), the next twist will get you Strobe instead of high. Really irritating. It only doesn't happen when the light is left switched off for a long time, like several hours. Weird.

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
Hyperion,

I'm really glad I bought this light. And, at $35.00, I feel it's a heck of a deal!

Didn't you get yours from Skalomax on CPFMP for $28??
This is my favorite light also... size and finish is great. Love the knurling. I rather edc this than my SF L1 Cree or Novatac 120P. Hope Hyperion will come out with more lights in the future...

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My CE-R received today, one month from HK to Italy...:mad:

The flashlight is really compact, well finished and features a white and clean beam. Mine is even already lubed.....:cool:

cimg0355lh4.jpg

:goodjob: Hyperion !! :thumbsup:

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
Didn't you get yours from Skalomax on CPFMP for $28??
This is my favorite light also... size and finish is great. Love the knurling. I rather edc this than my SF L1 Cree or Novatac 120P. Hope Hyperion will come out with more lights in the future...

Yes.