The selector ring of Surefire U2.

p73rs

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I feel the selector ring of my U2 is little too stiff as other people have said so here. So, I did search and found like this.

The selector ring is held onto the head with C-shaped metal piece at the back side.

There is an O-ring inside of the ring at the front side.

So, they put some lube at the frond side of the gap between the ring and the head, and it worked good.

I think I want to put some Nyogel there to lube it. It sounds simple, but the gap between the ring and the head is very narrow. The Nyogel is not liquid, either. Do I just smear the Nyogel around the gap and work out the ring to lube it? Then, the excess would be wiped off. I think I will warm up the light for better distribution of the lube, too.

Thanks.

:):)

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I've never had to lube my U2 selector ring but I think the Nyogel should work just fine. Probably be the best not to use too much. Warm it up and move the ring back and forth several times. It will loosen.

SCblur

Enlightened
try warming up the nyogel tube in hot water for 10-15 minutes. When I do that, it gets much thinner and easier to apply in hard to reach areas. Probably doing that in addition to warming up the U2 body will work just fine.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I use paintball gun oil on mine. It works great, its cheap, its safe for o-rings (thats what its made for!), and it goes in/on easily. The stuff I use is PMI brand and you can find it at Wal-Mart or Meijer.

Roger