Why are so many 5w Arc-LS3's on eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Why are so many 5w Arc-LS3\'s on eBay?

Less than 40 of these lights were sold, correct? And all to CPF members. Obviously, some were immediately turned around and sold at a profit; (like $100!) but it's a free market.

But I can't figure why I continue to see them on eBay. I have to conclude that a significant number of people just weren't happy with them. The concept seems good, and while I agree that there wouldn't be much of a market for these outside of the CPF members (and hence their discontinuation from the Arc product line) is there something, aside from the high price, that people found dissapointing?

I'm not trying to pass judgement here or make any sort of criticism; if my finances would have allowed it, I may have bought one myself.

So what, if anything, was the letdown in these lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

leddite

Enlightened
Re: Why are so many 5w Arc-LS3\'s on eBay?

hmmm. maybe there were more. many many more, and
they are being sold by the dark shadows to fuel a take
over of a small country?

or maybe despite how cool they are, folx just got the
bug to buy something else, and felt bad about selling
them here?

i'll offer $50 for a working one, with a nice white
centered beam, and only minor color issues on the HA,
in of course, good condition and no scratches etc etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

doing my part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pdm

Newly Enlightened

Gandalf, I have one for sale on eBay.....My reason for selling it is that it simply didn't live up to my expectations. The 5W is underdriven, hence not as bright as it could be.
ARC's selection of the 5W also is suspect. The one that I have for sale is greenish.

Not trying to shoot myself in the foot regarding my sale.

The LS3 will be of value to the collectors among us though I would never recommend it as a EDC.

jblizna

Newly Enlightened

pdm,

I realize you may have one off-color, but as far as my ls3 is concerned, I couldn't be happier; It is bright, a great color, just slightly off white/cream color, beam well centered, clearly illuminates a larger area than my 1W Arc flashlights. It is definitely more of a flood, and the throw is the same or slightly less than the 1W, and that might turn people off.

John

Darkaway

Enlightened

Gandalf,

My feeling is that many CPFers watched the LS3-gate saga unfold on their screens and made compulsive purchases when they finally became available. Now that the novelty has worn off and the credit card statement has arrived they're for sale.

I just happened to be online when they were released and I was very tempted to buy one myself, although I need one about as much as I need hemorrhoids.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think buyer's remorse (or cash separation anxiety) and wives are the two biggest reasons for resale on eBay.

N162E

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Since_1526 said:
I think buyer's remorse (or cash separation anxiety) and wives are the two biggest reasons for resale on eBay.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif I think product disappointment and lack of bang for the buck took precedence in the case of the LS3. This is an expensive light that has no real value (in cool factor or performance) except to the hard core collector.

logical

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
N162E said:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif I think product disappointment and lack of bang for the buck took precedence in the case of the LS3. This is an expensive light that has no real value (in cool factor or performance) except to the hard core collector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which I'm pretty sure is more or less what Peter G. told people who went ahead and bought one anyway....If they turned out to be an intrinsically great product, don't you think he would be making/selling more?

N162E

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
logical said:
[ QUOTE ]
N162E said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Which I'm pretty sure is more or less what Peter G. told people who went ahead and bought one anyway....If they turned out to be an intrinsically great product, don't you think he would be making/selling more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really sorry I missed the "Apology before purchase" section of this transaction. What's next from Arc?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif, Will customers be required to sign "An acceptance of mediocre product" before their product will be shipped?

Empath

Flashaholic

Digging up negative comments in old threads that have died of old age doesn't seem too productive. The relevance of the question is dead. I can't see any use for it outside of baiting. I'm closing while we consider its merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.