nite-ize m@g upgrade any good?

mulotozink

Newly Enlightened
im getting someone a nite-ize m@g upgrade any good??:shrug:

PS; we should make cpf myspace page:p:D

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
For five bucks, it's not a bad option for a stock Mini mag. The Nite-ize isn't really any brighter than the stock lamp, but it does run for a heck of a long time on a pair of AA cells. And, it doesn't burn out when you drop it.

The color is distinctly LED so if you really love incan lighting, it might bug you. But, all in all, I'd say that everyone who owns more than one Mini-mag really ought to have a Nite-ize. A lot of people who own only one Mini-mag ought to have one too.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Very dim (dimmer than stock incan bulb), but extremely long runtime. It's little more than a 10mm LED with a buck circuit attached. Useful as a backup/emergency light. It will light up on otherwise dead cells, and will run for around 75+ hours on 2D's.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
If you want a forever running rather DIM light the C/D upgrade is for you.

Mine isn't currently installed in a light as it's too dim for general use. Instead I put a M*gled in that light.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I ordered a 1 watt Luxeon upgrade with the regulated five-mode switch clicky and it's amazing! Now, I mean "amazing" in the fact that for what it does it's awesome. Not that it's the brightest light out there, my Fenix lights outdo it in heartbeat, but here's why I like it:

1. Upgraded from a three-led Nite-ize you get a brighter beam with the 1 watt.
2. Five modes and regulation from the tail clicky is awesome.
3. Beacon mode flashes a small red light out the tail-cap and a fraction of a lumen blip out the front led.
4. It now stands as a candle...

Awesome! I now have three mini-mag upgrades and this one is definitely the best. My other three-led Nite-Ize is what got me into flashlights and the legacy is continuing. Maybe eventually they'll dare a CREE... Who knows...

Ryan