Nite-Ize 1 watt, 5 mode regulated upgrade... AWESOME!!!

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
This is great... it's what I've always wanted in a Nite-Ize (well, I could use a Cree upgrade, but for now, this is cool).

http://niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=146

I ordered a 1 watt Luxeon upgrade with the regulated five-mode switch clicky and it's amazing! Now, I mean "amazing" in the fact that for what it does it's awesome. Not that it's the brightest light out there, my Fenix lights outdo it in heartbeat, but here's why I like it:

1. Upgraded from a three-led Nite-ize you get a brighter beam with the 1 watt. Not Fenix Cree bright, but good for its use bright.
2. Five modes and regulation from the tail clicky is awesome.
3. Beacon mode flashes a small red light out the tail-cap and a fraction of a lumen blip out the front led.
4. It now stands as a candle...

Awesome! I now have three mini-mag upgrades and this one is definitely the best. My other three-led Nite-Ize is what got me into flashlights and the legacy is continuing. Maybe eventually they'll dare a CREE... Who knows...

Ryan

P.S. Anyone else have one of these that they're happy with?

crislight01

Newly Enlightened
i like it , i got the IQ with the 3 leds and i use it as a back up to my Fenix, maybe i'll get the 1 watt ;as i see it has good runtimes too.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I bought one when they first came out. I already had a TLE-5 MiniStar, so I wasn't blown away by the output or anything else. The IQ switch has cool features.

Overall, I think it's a great way to improve the trusty old minimag, without having to buy one of those clunker MagLED's. :green:

Dogshund

Newly Enlightened
I got the 1 watt with the IQ switch also. Nice to play around with the different modes. Is my first led flashlight. Dont use the lights in the house anymore, just the minimag.:D

Will light up a house 30m away. not very bright but you can still see everything.

Will probably leave it in my car most of the time when i get some other planned flashlights.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just discoverd the IQ switch has a simple momentary. Can't signal with it but if you press and hold it, the light comes on and then turns off when you release. It is just like the HDS momentary. I just looked at the NIteIze website and I originally missed it because they refer to it as "on demand illumination" verses "momentary". I feel dumb for missing it but pleased that I discovered it.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Flashaholics,

Thanks for posting as I'm glad to hear of your experiences. I am wondering if any of you have the MiniStar that features the Seoul. I saw one at the batteryjunction.com and was wondering if this is a good combo with the IQ switch. That switch is now my favorite as it's so soft, quiet, and a light-actioned to activate. Also, since it blinks... that's just cool...

About those beamshots, time isn't spared easily in my life so I apologize. I will try, but no promises. Also though, my tint on my 1 watt is very yellow and even has a dash of green compared to my Fenix lights. It actually looks kind of nice.

Ryan

Latest posts