Mag85 assemblers/sellers

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I was wishing to buy a new pre-assembled Mag85 to add to my growing flashlights collection. I know that on www.light-edge.com there should be the opportunity to buy it. Anyway they are currently out of stock. Do you know any other place/website where I could buy a Mag85? :rolleyes:
Thanks

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Thank you for your "shyncronized" alert:twothumbs I have just asked to Ctechlite if it's possible to ship to Italy.
:thumbsup:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen the same time stamp. Cool.

Great price, you can always change the host if it was banged up.

Good Luck!

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
I've never seen the same time stamp. Cool.

Great price, you can always change the host if it was banged up.

Good Luck!
Oh yes it's impressive! The same identical time stamp. It's a nice and unusual event... Maybe it's time to try at the Bingo :thumbsup:

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
Be aware that this one is using potted bulbs, more expensive and maybe not as easy to find.
Sorry I don't understand. I thought that a Mag85 take its name because it use a 1185 bulb, isn't it? So which is the difference between a 1185 and a potted bulb?

Spypro

Enlightened
They are the same... I mean... there is two version of the 1185 bulb: a bi-pin and potted one.
Here you can see the difference between them (left: potted right: bi-pin). The potted is like the stock bulb. The bi-pin needs a socket (like KIU).

RickyT

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is using the WA1185 bulb, but this one is using potted bulbs. The bi-pin is put into the pr base(like a normal flashlight bulb/mag bulb). This is nice if you want to retain the stock function, use other bulbs or even an led drop-in.

Most mag85's probably use the kiu socket or some other bi-pin holder(probably fivemega drop-in). The bi-pin is cheaper, more available, and some would say better than the pr base.

If your only intent is using it as a mag85 and have no intentions of using other pr bulbs or led drop-ins, I would look for one with a kiu socket. They come up too and have been in the same price range as that one.

dolbyyy

Newly Enlightened
Spypro, RickyT,

thanks for your useful information and advice. Yes I prefer a Mag85 with a kiu socket.
Thanks again

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spypro, RickyT,

thanks for your useful information and advice. Yes I prefer a Mag85 with a kiu socket.
Thanks again

I like to see that another italian is going to buy a mag85
I have one too, and I have built it on my own.
I started with FM's PR-base to Bi-pin adapter and then I have bought a pre-assembled KIU socket with a new Switch from DonShock (thanks Don! My KIU is arrived today!:D)
KIU socket has less resistance than normal switch-bulb older, so more V at bulb pins = more lumens!:D
if you want to assemble one on your own, FiveMega has all what you need.
if you want to buy a pre-assembled one you may need to wait for light-edge or try with BOREALIS (they are a little bit expensive but that guy offer a very good service!)

PM sent.:poke:

Last edited: