Fenix 18650 Light ?? E0 Rebel AAA?? and other Fenix Dreams...

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this has been discussed B4.... How about dreaming a light that runs on Li Ion 18650 from :poke:Fenix? ...no not a mod or battery tube but Native 18650 Light from Fenix :D

Larger diameter overall looking similar to P3D (with a P2D Circuit) with a deep and hybrid reflector optimized for optimum throw and decent side spill with same UI and Warmer tinted Q5 Cree :thinking:

A very long runtime light...

You never know.... some times some dreams can come true....

Update....
Yet another Dream.....just got a spark ...from here
Fenix E0 drives LED at 20 mA for 11+ Hours in FULL Regulation.... perhaps they also might be working on a ultra cheap Rebel AAA... who knows....

Other Fenix Dreams...

These were light specifications in the dream....

Cree R3 Binned, WG Tint...
Fenix Textured Reflector...
CR2 Battery
Digitally Regulated, Low and High (yep, it was only two levels...no strobe no sos).. twisty, but there was an option of clicky body and tailcap as well.

Overall light with twisty was one of the smallest......... and all of a sudden :poof: ..... bright light in my eye... .. ....my better half accidentally switched on P3D in Turbo mode right on my eye!:poke:... and I woke up.... thinking it was the R3 Bin that was bright....

it was a nice dream though ... just thought to share it with you ;) :wave:

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix 18650 Light ??

That would definately be a winner.

The closest I have come is to use a 17670 cell in my P3D. The 17670 is an unprotected Ultrafire with the original wrapper removed and thin tape wrapped around in place. It can run in high mode in full regulation for over 3 hours - it can also run in full regulation in Turbo for less time. This is how a run my P3D. Care must be taken not to overdischarge the cell so once it cannot regulate in Turbo mode, I recharge it.

A dedicated light like this specifically made to run on 1 18650 cell would obviously be idea. I think the P3D falls out of regulation before it needs to with the single cell (since it is optimized to run on two cells). Also it would be better to be able to use a premium protected 18650 cell.

moraino

Enlightened

With more and more computer laptops going into every families one can be sure of LOTS OF "DEAD" 18650 li-ion batteries coming to your flashlight service. Those 18650 still have quite a bit of juice left.

I picked up a trashed iBook battery from school and was wondering why the battery pack was so thin. I didn't expect much but the 17650. End up I was VERY happy for what I found. They are Li-PO's. And they are six of 2500mA flat Li-Po batteries and very new. I don't know why they are trashed. My ICE charger proves that they are fresh and taking charge just fine.

Fenex lights are great, but I do wish that they came with the "rough surface" like that of HDS lights. And maybe a lower low brightness for very long lasting for emergency or nightlight.

Before that ideal light comes at the scene I am holding off buying more lights as I already have too many. And everyday is a painful day holding off my desire to buy more as there are more beautiful and brighter lights available with better price and at the most unexepected time.

I am sure everyone here has more lights than I have. I don't know if the same can be said about computers but I do have computers and notebooks piling up in the garage ready to go.

Aren't we producing garbage EVERY day. Or today's treasure soon become tomorrow's .....trash.....or shelf queen.:crackup:

Henry

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd love to see a 18650 Fenix. Small size, powerful battery, easy charge, lightweight...*sigh*...

"And everyday is a painful day holding off my desire to buy more as there are more beautiful and brighter lights available with better price and at the most unexepected time.

I am sure everyone here has more lights than I have. I don't know if the same can be said about computers but I do have computers and notebooks piling up in the garage ready to go."

No kidding! ;) I have bills to pay! Non-flashlight bills! Every little while, something new and brighter and more efficient springs up, and it is hard to keep up. And yup, I, too, have computers piling up in the garage. Can't stand seeing good things thrown out.

But about the original topic- Fenix, are you out there..? :wave:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix not producing a knurled body, 1 A at max to led, LOW low level and 18650 light,
I modded my 6P and Inova T1 with a flupic and 18650.

No need for such a model (and I am not going to buy another model of them till the low gets low)

moraino

Enlightened

And, a knurled stainless body is a poor man titanium alternatives. I am still dreaming of having one. I won't take the smoothy as it is slipery.

I just found 2600mA 18650 on eBay. Is it new or it's been out a while?

ak645

Newly Enlightened

Hi Viren,

Have you considered a DereeLight.Same outstanding quality as Fenix.A really nice light.You can get either five mode similar to Fenix "D" models or 2 mode similar to Fenix "T v2.0" models.Only comes with Q2 emitters though.The two mode runs over twenty hours on low.

Andy

I don't know if this has been discussed B4.... How about dreaming a light that runs on Li Ion 18650 from :poke:Fenix? ...no not a mod or battery tube but Native 18650 Light from Fenix :D

Larger diameter overall looking similar to P3D (with a P2D Circuit) with a deep and hybrid reflector optimized for optimum throw and decent side spill with same UI and Warmer tinted Q5 Cree :thinking:

A very long runtime light...

You never know.... some times some dreams can come true....

REparsed

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs 18650 Fenix with knurling and a positive (tactical) clickie.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Viren,

Have you considered a DereeLight.Same outstanding quality as Fenix.A really nice light.You can get either five mode similar to Fenix "D" models or 2 mode similar to Fenix "T v2.0" models.Only comes with Q2 emitters though.The two mode runs over twenty hours on low.

Andy
Hmm, the DereeLight look good.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast

And, a knurled stainless body is a poor man titanium alternatives. I am still dreaming of having one. I won't take the smoothy as it is slipery.

Good checkering would be nice, but until then you can rubberize your fenix with a bicycle inner tube for a good grip. 700x18/25 ought to do it for the .850" head.

roverwanderer

Newly Enlightened

Great idea - I'd *love* to see 18650 from Fenix. But without the enormous-reflector form factor in which the other 18650 flashlights appear. Nice, as short as possibly, cigar shaped light would be my personal winner!

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great idea - I'd *love* to see 18650 from Fenix. But without the enormous-reflector form factor in which the other 18650 flashlights appear. Nice, as short as possibly, cigar shaped light would be my personal winner!

that's exactly what i was thinking, compact cylindrical shape just like other Fenix Lights...

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update....
Yet another Dream.....just got a spark ...from here

Fenix E0 drives LED at 20 mA for 11+ Hours in FULL Regulation.... perhaps they also might be working on a ultra cheap Rebel AAA... who knows....

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other Fenix Dreams...

These were light specifications in the dream....

Cree R3 Binned, WG Tint...
Fenix Textured Reflector...
CR2 Battery
Digitally Regulated, Low and High (yep, it was only two levels...no strobe no sos).. twisty, but there was an option of clicky body and tailcap as well.

Overall light with twisty was one of the smallest......... and all of a sudden :poof: ..... bright light in my eye... .. ....my better half accidentally switched on P3D in Turbo mode right on my eye!:poke:... and I woke up.... thinking it was the R3 Bin that was bright....

it was a nice dream though ... just thought to share it with you ;) :wave:

just wondering... have i gone mad lately????