FireLion 1x18650 3xP4 300+ lumens

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good: http://elektrolumens.com/FireLion/FireLion-III.html

Very small <5" & 2+ hours runtime. Much shorter than the Wolf Eyes Thunder & much smaller/thinner than the Wolf Eyes Storm with similar runtime. Same price as the Thunder & $100 less than the Storm. Looks like ElektroLumens beat Wolf Eyes to the party because they have been available for a few weeks already!

FireLion.5.jpg

Last edited:

BBL

Enlightened
Are we talking here about a production light available from many retailers in large numbers - or a custom light thats available in limited quantities for limited time?

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we talking here about a production light available from many retailers in large numbers - or a custom light thats available in limited quantities for limited time?

I guess I can chime in here (and hope it's okay.). I'm putting these up for sale as I make them, it's not a pre-sale. I have never, up to this point, sold through a distributor. I've got another 5 in process, which should be available about the end of this week. To avoid conflict with CPF manufacturer rules, you can field all your questions about this to me in email, or at the ILF forums.

Wayne

Patriot

Flashaholic
Is that a white molded LED surround?........cool!

John, how to you know how much they are? The link doesn't have a price.

Last edited:

daveman

Enlightened
Looks good: http://elektrolumens.com/FireLion/FireLion-III.html

Very small <5" & 2+ hours runtime. Much shorter than the Wolf Eyes Thunder & much smaller/thinner than the Wolf Eyes Storm with similar runtime. Same price as the Thunder & $100 less than the Storm. Looks like ElektroLumens beat Wolf Eyes to the party because they have been available for a few weeks already!
It certainly is smaller than the Wolfeyes multi-led lights, but the tradeoff is that it's about 200 lumens dimmer. You forgot to mention that in your post...

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
It certainly is smaller than the Wolfeyes multi-led lights, but the tradeoff is that it's about 200 lumens dimmer. You forgot to mention that in your post...

Since 3 Crees & 3 SSC P4's are very similar i would think that Elektrolumens is being conservative with a 300 torch lumens claim & WE is possibly giving the maximum bulb lumens claim. It would be nice to put both of them to a side by side test.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

After asking (emails) about the difference in lumens. The response was that the FireLion's 3 LED's are rated at ~500 lumens, but what comes out the front is a lot less so he estimated the actual lumens output to be 300-375.
So in reality the Wolf-Eyes claim of 510 lumens is the LED rating & what comes out the front should also be ~300-375.

daveman

Enlightened
That sounds correct, but I had thought WE quoted out-the-front lumens for the Thunder and Storm. I think we'll know for certain in a few weeks as they're supposedly due the middle of this month.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never read anything from W-E that said their 510 lumens rating was the out the front amount. As we all know 99.9% of the manufacturers state the LED lumens "potential" amount vs actual amount. ElektroLumens seems down to earth by letting you know the estimated actual amount.

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
I definitely agree (if this is indeed the case)...this is a refreshing approach even though this could cause some people to overlook the light. It's OT, but it might be good to also include the 'potential' lumen rating somewhere lower down in the description.

Since the WE light isn't out yet for comparison, does anyone know of a comparison with other lights? Even if it's not compared to a 3led light, it would serve the purpose of getting an idea of the beam. Maybe a comparison between a Fenix light, MRV, or Novatac??

I never read anything from W-E that said their 510 lumens rating was the out the front amount. As we all know 99.9% of the manufacturers state the LED lumens "potential" amount vs actual amount. ElektroLumens seems down to earth by letting you know the estimated actual amount.

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
those optics may be less efficient then the reflectors of the wolf eyes

Olaf

Banned
Dave,

After asking (emails) about the difference in lumens. The response was that the FireLion's 3 LED's are rated at ~500 lumens, but what comes out the front is a lot less so he estimated the actual lumens output to be 300-375.
So in reality the Wolf-Eyes claim of 510 lumens is the LED rating & what comes out the front should also be ~300-375.

So let me get this straight.

"Yes our light put outs 300 lumens, Don't worry out 300 lumens are brighter than the other guys 500 lumens, Yes we use bigger lumens!" :crackup:

Sounds legit :laughing:

if you are going to spend your hard earned money you should at least look for a reputable brand and dealer, NOT, some fly by night hack. Here are some good choices to get the biggest 500 lumen bang.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8389

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solarforce-500-...Z018QQcategoryZ106987QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Yes our light put outs 300 lumens, Don't worry out 300 lumens are brighter than the other guys 500 lumens, Yes we use bigger lumens!" :crackup:
if you are going to spend your hard earned money you should at least look for a reputable brand and dealer, NOT, some fly by night hack. Here are some good choices to get the biggest 500 lumen bang.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Solarforce-500-...Z018QQcategoryZ106987QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Just whom are you calling a fly by night hack? I really hope you aren't talking about Elektro Lumens. I am a LEO officer had have and use lights from Wayne often, and Wayne is not some johnny come lately he has been on the forums for quite a while and has a fantastic reputation and makes awesome lights. Personally I would rather spend more money at Elektro Lumens than buy something like that light from eBay.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
Wow...that was a bold statement to put it lightly! Especially from someone who joined in September and has a little over 10 posts to their name! I'm new but would never say anything like that...

Can someone say TROLL?? I would hope everyone ignores that comment and sees it for what it is. (obviously I couldn't resist with this response, but I hopefully didn't stoop to the same level :D)

Edit: My statement wasn't directed towards you depusm12 in any way...your response was definitely warranted.

Last edited:

zapufast

Newly Enlightened
Wow...that was a bold statement to put it lightly! Especially from someone who joined in September and has a little over 10 posts to their name! I'm new but would never say anything like that...

Can someone say TROLL?? I would hope everyone ignores that comment and sees it for what it is. (obviously I couldn't resist with this response, but I hopefully didn't stoop to the same level :D)

Edit: My statement wasn't directed towards you depusm12 in any way...your response was definitely warranted.

Apparently he has never dealt with Wayne and knows nothing about what he said.
Wayne has done work on lights for me that were 3 years old and never charged me. He's that kind of guy.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll vouch for ElectroLumens. I'm happy with the P4 Stunner I bought from him. I don't see why the 300+ lumens claim would be doubted. Remember this is not a single LED light. It has three P4's. They routinely get measured at 125 lumens out the front. Even if they were brought down to 100 lumens each to conserve power you would still get 300 lumens.

jrv

Newly Enlightened
I think Olaf may have attempted some humor here? Note his suggestions for "a reputable brand and dealer" are EYJ at DealExtreme and Solarforce (who?) on Ebay.

I haven't bought anything from Elektrolumens in a couple of years but I would not hesitate to do so if the situation arose.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olaf,

If your DX or Solarforce light breaks a year from now, just throw it in the garbage. If you think your sending it to China to get fixed then the jokes on you. Those are disposible lights.