What Flashlight Should I Buy Next?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Yates:
The NIB Z3 that I have and it can be yours for the price of 90.00 shipped to you.

Let me know,

Mike
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Z3 -- ZEE THREE? Which one is that? Is it bright like them Millenium M3s? I'll hafta check SureFire's site. BTW if I find it nearly as cheap brand new someplace else, would you do better? As you must know by now, I am in the very dangerous "impulse buying mode" of Flashoholism.

DonL

Enlightened
I'm a big Surefire fan, so my first choices may be skewed, so I'll start with the E2e and M2. The E2e is a great EDC light, and the M2 is a great platform on which to build up different combinations of lights using the selection of Surefire components.

That being said, I'd also recommend the 2L. Rugged and durable light, bright but spotty beam, really waterproof, light, and inexpensive. You could get two for the cost of some Surefires.

Also, look at the ASP Triad (Tac Light). I've been reading some very good things about them here, such as good beam quality, and impressive throw. A drawback is that I haven't seen many places carrying them and spare parts, in spite of carrying all the other ASP LED lights. Go figure.

Just my $0.035. (adjusted for inflation)

fracman

Newly Enlightened
Shoot, the 123 eating machine is the Surefire M6 Millenium and now we have a spot to buy it cheaper!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonL:
Also, look at the ASP Triad (Tac Light). I've been reading some very good things about them here, such as good beam quality, and impressive throw. A drawback is that I haven't seen many places carrying them and spare parts, in spite of carrying all the other ASP LED lights.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been reading kogatana's very positive comments on this little light's impressive throw, too. So I just did some inquiring and finally found a distributor that will supply them to me using my old knife dealer reseller's agreement, $49 plus shipping (they also have the replacement lamp for it for $7.90). Is that cheap? They said I would only have to buy a dozen (yeah, sure), so I'm still looking...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Give me a few days to evaluate my new M2. If I don't care for it, I'm putting it up for sale. My initial thoughts are that I'm not much impressed with the M2 over my E2E.

DonL

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
I've been reading kogatana's very positive comments on this little light's impressive throw, too. So I just did some inquiring and finally found a distributor that will supply them to me using my old knife dealer reseller's agreement, $49 plus shipping (they also have the replacement lamp for it for $7.90). Is that cheap? They said I would only have to buy a dozen (yeah, sure), so I'm still looking...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last couple of websites I've seen with Tac Lights were pricing them around $58-60 or so, IIRC. Not sure about the bulbs, but that is a decent price on the light itself. BTW, the electroless nickel looks really sharp.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I cannot believe that you dont have a Surefire yet MR Bulk
grin.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
I definately reccomend that you get your hands on one. The E2e is perfect for EDC and is a great light. I own an E2e, E1, M3, and a G2, and by far my favorite EDC is my E2e. My next purchase will be an M6, because I also have too many unused 123's hanging around
tongue.gif

Eric

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonL:
The last couple of websites I've seen with Tac Lights were pricing them around $58-60 or so, IIRC. Not sure about the bulbs, but that is a decent price on the light itself. BTW, the electroless nickel looks really sharp.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks DonL, actually txwest tells me he found them for only $47 (w/o batteries) at www.tannersstorefront.com , but the only thing is the shipping to Hawaii would be more. Through the distributor I would be charged only once, for the whole box of twelve which breaks down much cheaper. But then what do I do with the other eleven?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lightspeed:
I cannot believe that you dont have a Surefire yet MR Bulk
grin.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
I definately reccomend that you get your hands on one. The E2e is perfect for EDC and is a great light. I own an E2e, E1, M3, and a G2, and by far my favorite EDC is my E2e. My next purchase will be an M6, because I also have too many unused 123's hanging around
tongue.gif

Eric
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had a 3P and a 6P, gave them to two different nephews, one going to college and the other into the service (they can buy their own dang batteries). But I've never had or even laid eyes/hands on the new generation SureFires. Probably because I've never had or even laid eyes/hands on that kind of money!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This is a true take from one of the "You Know You're A Flashoholic When..." categories. Ya see, I no longer have ANY flashlights that use 123 Liths, and yet I have a dozen or so left from a mass order I made a couple years ago, and I also just ordered another 20 from Sean that will be here probably TODAY. What flashlight should I buy to run these 32 or so lithiums with?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The NIB Z3 that I have and it can be yours for the price of 90.00 shipped to you.

Let me know,

Mike