Barbolight T-04. PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello friends,

This is our new Barbolight T-04.

cpft04dsc00672km3.jpg

It has changed a little, from our first design, as it won't be able to take 18500, but it can take CR123 and AA. (500 mA and 300 mA to LED).

Diameter is 34,5 mm, lenght 110 (edited) mm.

cpfdsc00684oj8.jpg

Real size: I think it is pocketable.

cpfdsc00691qu3.jpg

This is not the end tailcap, as it will be sent with two stages.

cpfdsc00690mm3.jpg

Custom optics

cpfdsc00693ay3.jpg

And here using the reflective wand in white, lantern mode.

HAIII 40 micra (Mil. STD, class II. CERTIFIED) -200 m. water resistant. Makrolon window, KLC8 Edixeon LED.

You can expect near 2 hours on high, almost flat discharge (with Cr123 LiMnO2 and AA NiMH and LiFeS2, not with alks).

It has some new features, but will keep updating.

¿What do you think?

Javier

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Looks great, but I know next to nothing about the Edixeon led and
the optics used.

Perhaps you can educate us about those and also about how many lumens
to expect out the window at 500ma and 300ma? :)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Javier:twothumbs

I guess, the tailcap contains a reliable 2-stage twisty-mechansim?

Very best regards

______
Tom:wave:

grinsekatz

Newly Enlightened
Sounds great!
Well the main problem is that I want to have it now...
Raaaaaaaaaaaa.........:rolleyes:

BTW: I really love my U-15 and U-04. Best flashlights I've ever had! :thumbsup:

Best regards

Alex

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great, but I know next to nothing about the Edixeon led and
the optics used.

Perhaps you can educate us about those and also about how many lumens
to expect out the window at 500ma and 300ma? :)

A Edixeon KLC8 is a LED based on the CREE EZ1000 Bright chip, so performances are as CREE or SSC. There are two brightness levels, and we always use the highest. According to manufacturer they are +240 lm @ 1000 mA, so @500 mA they are well over 150 lm.

The reflector is a 27 mm diameter, 27 mm deep. There is a 4º spot with a intense 55-50º corona. No noticeable jump, soft transition. Is made from ally and vacuum aluminized. Very, very efficient.

I have a QUESTION for you all.

The flashlight itself is near 110 mm, as it can work with AA or CR123. But if we make it just for CR123 we can make it arround 93 mm, which is a real small light. Would you pay that extra 17 mm for having AA capability?

Javier

Last edited:

Free

Enlightened
On a light with that diameter, I don't think 17mm is a huge difference, though smaller is always better.

If the only purpose for having it run on AA is for emergency lack of availability of CR123, then I would prefer the shorter version.

If, however, somehow you have made it perform as well on AA as on CR123, or there is a rechargeable option that would fit the longer length, then the extra 17mm would be OK.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Javier, regarding your customer-market I think the AA-option would be a huge advantage since most people (beside us flashaholics:D) prefer common cells.

Also the development of the Sanyo-Eneloops (or comparable brands) will open a wider versatility, including us flashaholics;)

Best regards

____
Tom

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the picture of the prototype.

cpfdsc00696mx8.jpg

From left to right:

U-04, T-04 (AA capability), T-04 (just CR123).

cpfdsc00698qf4.jpg

Of course the smaller the better, but according to what I have been testing for "pocketability" is more important lenght than diameter.

Regarding the use of AA's what we can get with them is arround 300 mA. 350 mA LiFe, 275 mA NiMH, 310 mA with alks. NiMH and LiFe can get a quite flat discharge curve, but alks can not.

The first round of them (just a few ) will be made just for Cr123.

Last edited:

Free

Enlightened
Put me down for one of the first CR123 versions, and then maybe I will get one of the AA capable versions later as well. :)

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm amazed how is there still people who appreciates a simple Hi-Low flashlight (those ones have some electronics, a supersimple and reliable ZX310 step-up).

What will be your SN, Free? (Serial number)

ming560

Newly Enlightened
If you ask me which version that I like, I will say that I like both of it.:kiss:
If the price is not so expensive, I want both of it . If it can be use both of the battery, it is perfect.:twothumbs Is still have the number 80?:whistle:

Although the CR123A version is shorter, smaller and cute, the AA version is still have it's benefit. It is because AA battery is still very common in the world. In some countries, you may not easily buy a CR123A and may be very expensive. On the other hands, I am afraid that you cannot light it on for long time with full/high output, the tube may be very hot with the CR123A version. I had some experience with the Ultrafire C1. When you turn it on about 10 Mins, the tube is very very hot.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the other hands, I am afraid that you cannot light it on for long time with full/high output, the tube may be very hot with the CR123A version. I had some experience with the Ultrafire C1. When you turn it on about 10 Mins, the tube is very very hot.

ming, don't be worried about that.
The driving levels are moderate and the heat transfer of all Barbolights are excellent, so the reliabilty of these lights are not accidental and in no way comparable with cr---y cheap-production lights.

Best regards

____
Tom

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I'd have zero interest in a CR123-only version (even the shorter length is still pretty big, so the reduced length wouldn't provide much value to me), but I'd have a fair amount of interest in the CR123/AA version.

How doable would it be to have a 2xCR123 or 2xAA version?

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello friends,

Well, regarding the problems with heat you can be sure that it is not an issue with T-04's. The ratio mass/power dissipated is higher than on a U-15, but we don't think just about mass when we take care of that part of the design. Designing properly the "paths" is thermodynamics. That is waht can make you sure that the heat will go quickly to the mass.

AA or not AA? Well, this light (T-04) has been designed as a tactical lighting system, something between a tactical flashlight and a weaponlight. If the light is going to be on a pistol each milimeter is important, so after some testing we have decided to discard by now the AA option. Probably that could be found on a new light.

Regards,

Javier

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I'd have zero interest in a CR123-only version (even the shorter length is still pretty big, so the reduced length wouldn't provide much value to me), but I'd have a fair amount of interest in the CR123/AA version.

How doable would it be to have a 2xCR123 or 2xAA version?

In fact a U-04 with a regulator would be able to work with Li-ION or CR123 batteries.

2xAA... well, if made according to our design guidelines it would be too big for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.