What type of anodization is this?

flash_bang

Enlightened
Ok, so I want to order an M2 bezel but I don't know what the type is, typeII or HAIII.

the part numbers are:
13586-11
13586-1

I think 13586-11 is the black one, and the other is in natural HA(or OD or w/e) but I don't know if 13586-11 is type II ano(like the 6P) or HAIII(like the E2D and KROMA and stuff)

Please help! I don't want to order something and get the wrong one! I want to get the HAIII in black.

Thanks very much,
Flash

cy

Flashaholic
all M2 shock isolated bezel are hard anodized. have never seen a M2 bezel in black.

I've got a M2 bezel with wear available.

please PM if interested.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Since the question has been answered... blame the following on Size15:

Two types of anodizing are found in lights:
Type II - typically shiny and available in a multitude of colors; not as resistant as:
Type III - aka Hard Anodized (HA) - typically available in black or "natural" (the shade of which varies).

There is no such thing as HAIII anodizing.

:wave:

flash_bang

Enlightened
Okay, my bad.
I'm looking for an M2 bezel in black Type III.
I think I found the part number on opticsplanet. Sold as part of LU60A incan conversion for the Scout Light.
Part # is 13586-11 for the HA-BK version, if I read the type on the status picture or w/e correctly.

Seems SF pplz are out for labor day, so I'll place an order tomorrow for the M2 bezel in HA-BK, and for a couple lanyards that I'm gonna use on my PNY flash drive and one for my G2.

HAGO,
Flash

Size15's

Flashaholic
all M2 shock isolated bezel are hard anodized. have never seen a M2 bezel in black.
Ermm.....

SureFire have made the M2 bezel (old style) in standard Black for years:
L5b.jpg

SureFire have since made the M2 bezel (old style) in Black HA as part of the LU60A Lamp Module for the ScoutLight. (check it out here)

I have not seen the new (current) style M2 bezel (without the cooling fins) in Black or Black HA.

Note that 13586-1 is the HA version, and 13586-11 is the Black Version. In the past it was the standard black. Its reasonable to assume that currently it is the Black HA version.

flash_bang

Enlightened
AW RIGHT! THANKS AL! (apologies for the caps :D ).
I also saw on a picture showing the parts for the scout light, that the part number for the black HA M2 bezel had the part number of 13586-11 above it, it was a lightbulb moment, allright.

HAGO,
Flash

PS: I think I'll be placing an order for this part tomorrow if SF people are back from Labor day, because I couldn't get through to them so far. How long have you guys been on hold for placing an order from Surefire before you got your order taken? thanks much, flash

Patriot

Flashaholic
Ermm.....

SureFire have made the M2 bezel (old style) in standard Black for years:
L5b.jpg

SureFire have since made the M2 bezel (old style) in Black HA as part of the LU60A Lamp Module for the ScoutLight. (check it out here)

I have not seen the new (current) style M2 bezel (without the cooling fins) in Black or Black HA.

Note that 13586-1 is the HA version, and 13586-11 is the Black Version. In the past it was the standard black. Its reasonable to assume that currently it is the Black HA version.

Size15s, did something happen to the body color of that M2? I've never seen one with such a rust colored tint before......

cy

Flashaholic
ok.. I stand corrected... come to think of it. had an old style M2 shock isolated bezel that was black anodized, non HA.

Nebula

Enlightened
Cy - They do exist. I have one in black HA, sitting on a Leef 1x 18650 tube and Leef clicky and running a HO-4 LA. Very nice light btw :).

Flash - Milkeyspit fixed me up with this rig. You might check with him as he may have another. Good luck. KK

I've got a M2 bezel with wear available.

please PM if interested.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
yup.. rare black HA surefire sure are neat!

sure seems more black HA surefires heads over to HK and far east in general. why is that?

the few times black HA surefires are available, more often than not, supremco is the source.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's a standard SureFire Lamp Module - the LU60A - so any SureFire Dealer can order it. It's a WeaponLight component so it may not get as much exposure from those SureFire Dealers who do not have many WeaponLight orders...

flash_bang

Enlightened
that's what I'm counting on, Al.
The LU60A contains the black HA M2 bezel, a P60 LA, and an E to C adapter in black HA. I don't have any E series lights, so I think I'll just get the bezel. If I had an E2D I might be inclined to get the full LU60A.
HAGO,
Flash