electric model helicopter

spock

Enlightened
dayton, ohio had the large model "fly in" this weekend. a pro flew the xcell ion x electric copter. you could not believe what this thing could do! totally outperforms the gas copters. he hovered it 2 feet above the ground sideways. flipped it back and forth very fast to do it. the speed at which this thing could change direction must be seen to believe it! he flew it upside down about 1 inch above the ground. no kidding. actually a humming bird seems slow compared to this. i want one, but of course it is expensive. the show was good and the jets were awsome.

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
If you want to see some more cool R/C helicopter stunts. Type Alan Szabo into Youtube. Best professional R/C pilot out there. I've been thinking about getting into R/C helis. I hear on RC forums that the Honeybee FP, CP and King are pretty good ones. I think you can get the FP (fixed pitch) for less than $100. The king (collective pitch but a little bigger) is around $200 and CP (collective pitch, same size as the FP) around $150. The FP uses NIMH and the other two use LIPOs. All ready to fly. It sure would be fun. Those tweaked Align T Rex helis with brushless motors like what Alan flies can sure do some amazing things.