Colored leds for the ARC AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

Being an avid user of gen3 ARC AAA colored leds, is there any chance ARC will be marketing colored leds again?:mecry:

Especially the red and the green leds.

Please?

Kind regards,
Joris

Lampje

Newly Enlightened
With the new Arc-UV coming out soon I get some new hope that there will be more colors in the near future.

Therefore also for me +1 for a RED Arc-AAA.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've still got three of the red-orange AAAs in regular carry use, especially now as we come up to the equinox and my walk home is after sunset already; I recollect you didn't like the red-orange LED you had at the time, it puts out a narrow spot beam with a + or squarish spot (very handy for finding the cat at night; not much spread though).

But these do stop traffic nicely by making drivers notice pedestrian-in-crosswalk. I never got one of the darker red ones.

If you were taking preferences (I know you're not and you do have more important things to do and I _have_ been saving my money for those things)

I'd want: amber/yellow; cyan/green; astronomy deep red; red-orange, in that order of purchase.

Or a kit ....

gramanam

Newly Enlightened
+1

I would also like a Arc AAA in amber for camping because the color is soft on the eyes and won't disturb your night vision as much.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Maybe not a full production line, but what about limited runs of colored LED's? I imagine you would have no trouble selling out lots of 100-500 special colored Arc's at a premium of +$10 over standard.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
> we are smarter now
> Jori

He's right, you know, Gransee (grin) ....

Amber, dreaming ....

CPEng

Newly Enlightened
+1 for red led option. I think red would be useful when you are not in a city and need to preserve your night vision instead of becoming completely dependent on your white led flashlight once you turn it on. I know I will buy one and I wasn't around for the first offering.

I also know a blue light is good for stage managers because it bleeds the least.

I know its been said that there isn't enough demand but if it is shown there is...

nyyankeefen

Newly Enlightened
School: Erie PA, Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale FL
+1 for red led option. I think red would be useful when you are not in a city and need to preserve your night vision instead of becoming completely dependent on your white led flashlight once you turn it on. I know I will buy one and I wasn't around for the first offering.

I know its been said that there isn't enough demand but if it is shown there is...

I wasn't around for the first offering eather....Im in for a Red one

We should put a list together to see what everyone wants .....just to see if the demand is there

1. nyyankeefen- 1 red

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
I didn't realize the colored ARC's were in such demand. I've got a mint, like new, green LED ARC AAA and have thought about selling it. Now that I think about it, I've only been here a short while but I don't recall ever seeing one for sell on B/S/T. I always considered them to be more of a novelty as I prefer to have a blinding white light. I've never been in a situation where I cared about ruining my night vision, but that's just me. From all of the requests I've seen from people asking for something with a colored LED, usually red or green, to save their night vision I can't believe a new run wouldn't sell well, especially if it was a limited batch.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I'm also interested in colored LED arcs.. I would definitely buy 1 red LED light (a deep red for night vision, not an orange red) and one green LED light if they became available.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I love Arc AAA colors. :twothumbs

ArcAAA008.jpg

ArcAAA010.jpg

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not only are "we" smarter, some of us weren't around back then. Looking through old posts it does seem that a lot of folks are interested in colors (and it also seems that they don't go away). Perhaps a new survey would prove worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.