Let's see those NovaTacs!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is slightly personalised...sporting a stainless steel PEU bezel (3x green trits) and GitD ring, I also replaced the polycarb lens with a nice UCL one.

P1020013.jpg

P1020008-1.jpg

Anybody else added the personal touch to their new EDC?

CFU

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Wow that's pretty cool. Where do you get the new bezel? Also is using UCL better than the stock window?

Just ordered my 120P, should get it soon!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad you buy a $150 flashlight and they put a plastic lens in it. They could have at least done pyrex..

How hard was it replacing the lens?

That's a very sharp looking light now!

Where's the pocketclip?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dinan

Bezel from here...

https://www.fenix-store.com/product...d=100&osCsid=20e3ddce56fae861d155b161eb4866b2

You'll have to source the tritiums elswhere though, as 4sevens does not stock them anymore - I believe that CPFer "lurveleven" will be getting some that fit the PEU bezel this month.

And I am told that the UCL lens alows more light to be transmitted and I know it is also a lot more scratch resistant.

Ampdude

Very easy to do, just removed the bezel (no locktite on mine) and dropped the new lens in there, it was the same thickness as the Polycarb one, so no messing about with different o-rings or whatever.

Got mine from here (22.8mm x 1.90mm)...

http://www.flashlightlens.com/item--UCL®-Lens--UCL_Lens.html

(BTW, don't like pocket clip, I won't use it).

CFU

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice set up Sunny from Q/land. :naughty:

I am waiting for NovaTac to start selling the Tactical tail clickys seperately and I will do this with one of my extension tubes (Jim S told me that they would be available later on in the year...best of both worlds IMO, fully programable but with Tactical clicky). :thumbsup:

CFU

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Novatac 120p
GITD Rings inside and on body.
UCL
Leef Bezel
Homemade finger lanyard.

4miogwg.jpg

4ubotvr.jpg

52vd9mv.jpg

4zlgf8j.jpg

Last edited:

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Too bad you buy a $150 flashlight and they put a plastic lens in it. They could have at least done pyrex..

How hard was it replacing the lens?

That's a very sharp looking light now!

Where's the pocketclip?

Isn't the polycarbonate window that it comes with supposed to be very strong? How strong would the UCL replacement be? (Is it pyrex?)

whc

Enlightened
Ampdude

Very easy to do, just removed the bezel (no locktite on mine) and dropped the new lens in there, it was the same thickness as the Polycarb one, so no messing about with different o-rings or whatever.

Got mine from here (22.8mm x 1.90mm)...

http://www.flashlightlens.com/item--UCL®-Lens--UCL_Lens.html

(BTW, don't like pocket clip, I won't use it).

CFU

Thank you very much for this info, just ordered the lens, really looking forward to getting a glass lens in my 120P :thumbsup:.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the polycarbonate window that it comes with supposed to be very strong? How strong would the UCL replacement be? (Is it pyrex?)

All the hi-tech terms for plastic are really cool. "polycarbonate" "polymer" :D

The stock plastic window should be stronger than both UCL and pyrex. The issue is how much light passes.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had posted some Pic´s of my Novatac here !
Sandblasted pocketclip, and polished bezel ring.

Teaser:

Alex
Nice job on the clip Alex. It looks like you might have your light set up to send signals into outer space. What a nifty idea, using your NovaTac to communicate with extra terrestrials. :)