Sadly, have to return fenix p3d rb100

BillG

Newly Enlightened
got my fenix rebel today. my 17670 cells dont work right in it. also, surprisingly, my AW Rcr123 cells dont fit in it. this is the only light i own in which the AW cells dont fit!!

oh well, back to hunting for a new light.

Bill

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? My P3D Rebel100 takes AW RCR123's better than my P3D P4. Where did you get it from?

Patriot

Flashaholic
You've got my attention because I was just about to order this light. I hope yours is an annomally because I won't buy it if it doesn't take AW cells.

Sorry that you ran into problems Bill.

Anyone else having trouble?

Nukelear

Newly Enlightened
Well I got my P3D RB100 today and I'm using AW RCR123s in it and they work fine. They are a good fit so they don't rattle around but they don't bind on the side of the case either. I'll get the camera out later and take a few shots so you can see what the clearance should look like. Also I remember that there were several threads mentioning that the P3D does not work well on single cells because the low voltage cut off is slightly higher (~4v) on the rebel versions so you will only get a few minutes of use before the low power warnings start happening. Which version of AW RCR123 do you have?

Last edited:

Windscale

Enlightened
got my fenix rebel today. my 17670 cells dont work right in it. also, surprisingly, my AW Rcr123 cells dont fit in it. this is the only light i own in which the AW cells dont fit!!

oh well, back to hunting for a new light.

Bill

You should have done some research before buying. You may have had second thoughts if you have read this earlier thread which I started.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2134432

Now before I buy a light I always test it with my own batteries or ask CPF especially now I am trying to become 100% rechargeable with my lights. Li-Ions are very tricky batteries. May be you ought to go for the P3D CE. This one works well with my UF protected 17670s.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
my p3d rb was just shipped on the 29 august. i'm using aw cells from about 18 mo ago. they are the plain blue ones. technically, i can get them in.....But....they're so tight i would need a wooden dowel to push them out. thats too tight for me.

even if AW makes them a little thinner now, i wont pay $20 just to have them when my other lights work fine with the ones i already have.

Bill

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have recently purchased RCR123's from AW and they are black with a silver sticker. They are a bit snug in my original P3D P4, but I can shake them out. They slide freely in to my P3D Rebel100. Sorry to hear your RCR123's don't fit the P3D, it's a great little light.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Maybe your cell's head is too low to contact the copper pad? I heard something about this kind of problem, so have you tried adding some metal between the cell and the light?

Nathan

Enlightened
I have recently purchased RCR123's from AW and they are black with a silver sticker. They are a bit snug in my original P3D P4, but I can shake them out. They slide freely in to my P3D Rebel100. Sorry to hear your RCR123's don't fit the P3D, it's a great little light.

Just got my replacement P3D Rebel100 a few days ago and this is what I'm seeing as well. (My P3D from the first batch had a minor cosmetic issue.) My one month old AW RCR123's fit fine - a little snug but they still fall out under their own weight.