AAA-P Flickering...

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I just got an AAA-P (the latest one). I really like it save one thing - it flickers very noticeably. It seems to grow brighter and dimmer rapidly at random intervals. I have tried Ray-O-Vac, Energizer, and Duracell cells in it, I also cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol, and re-lubed the threads but the flicker persists. I have already sent an email to Arc.

Is there anything else I can do to try to resolve this at home?

Thanks!

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Did you screw in the head tight enough when you turn it on? If you screw it in only so much that it just turns on, it'll flicker.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Yes, I thought of that too. I got an email back from Peter. He is SPEEDY! What great service. This one is headed back for a check up.

Thanks guys and thank Peter.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
FYI - The replacement unit that was sent to me functions perfectly. Thanks for the great service Peter!

PS - Did it turn out to be a malfunctioning LED like you thought?

javafool

Enlightened
My snow is flickering also and is quite dim and a little on the green side. I hope Arc isn't having quality problems again. This sounds like an IC problem they had some time back.
I sent an email so I hope to hear back soon.

javafool

Enlightened
My snow is flickering also and is quite dim and a little on the green side. I hope Arc isn't having quality problems again. This sounds like an IC problem they had some time back.
I sent an email so I hope to hear back soon.

I returned my flickering AAA snow but am still waiting for a replacement or a response of some kind. The original order number was 6485. Peter, what is the status of my replacement please?

Terril Fisher

Last edited:

javafool

Enlightened
I returned my flickering AAA snow but am still waiting for a replacement or a response of some kind. The original order number was 6485. Peter, what is the status of my replacement please?

Terril Fisher

Still waiting for my replacement :( I would have never believed this kind (lack) of service from Arc.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Terril. The package sent to you was likely lost. As you can imagine, shipping is not the best this time of year. We normally are not too snappy in responding to emails this time of year either but I noticed that your oldest unanswered email is 1 day old. So we have been responding to your messages well within the normal amount of time. I would wait a few more days until Maria answers your most recent message.

Another possibility is that a message didn't get through. We have 4 emails from you, 2 have been responded to by Maria.

The next step is to track the shipment. Maria is probably already working on that. You can send her another email to ask her if she is tracking the package, when another one will be sent, etc.

This sort of thing has happened before. It is a bit more likely to happen around this time of year. It is normal for email messages to be answered within a week unless the question being asked is difficult. With USPS, in december, we usually loose about 6 packages. Of course, for all those people affected, it is a big deal for them and emails fly back forth and there is lot of hand wringing.

But it appears on our end that we are answering your emails in a timely fashion and the problem is actually that your replacement hasn't arrived when expected. This is usually because the package is lost. When a package is lost, it is not usual in this situations for a month to go by as each step is carried out.

peter

javafool

Enlightened
Sorry Peter. When I order a $45 flashlight on October 20 or October 22, 2007 and you tell me that it should not be an issue if I don't receive a working flashlight until maybe the middle or end of January 2008, I don't consider that as being good service. It is not my fault the original item was defective, and I do feel bad when items are lost in shipping, but two to three months from time of purchase to receipt of a working flashlight has certainly taken the fun out of this purchase.
I appreciate your attention to this matter and have been an avid Arc fan since I joined CPF in 2003. All of my kids and loved ones carry Arc AAA flashlights that I have given them so they would never be without a light. This transaction, however, has really been disappointing.

Terry

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I agree. I checked your return and it does appear the shipment was lost. Maria emailed you yesterday saying the previous return shipment was apparently lost and she would ship it out again. This time it is going by fedex 2nd day.

peter

steel

Newly Enlightened
hi all

my arc ds has also started to flicker, i have cleaned the contacts and tried different cells with no luck, was just wondering if anyone had a better idea, as i live in the uk its awkard and expensive to send back?

its a shame as i really loved this light and use it alot

thanks in advance

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect the few units that are flickering have a problem with the solder welds on the capacitor. I spotted this last year and we fixed the problem in production but I suspect a few got through. There really isn't an easy way to fix the unit; I recommend complete replacement. Since you are in the uk, send Maria (cust service) an email and tell her I said you can use our fedex account number to send the unit back.

Again, I am sorry.

peter

ibcj

Enlightened
Mr Gransee - You sir, are a class act. I've seen it time and time again where someone has a problem and you do what is necessary to make things right. You definitely have more future business coming from me. :thumbsup:

steel

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the speedy response have emailed maria. would just like to thank you for that i have heard on cpf that you have great customer service but i didnt think it was this good:twothumbs

ausbump

Newly Enlightened
Mine also flickered and died - posted off about 2 weeks ago to the arc folks - no response yet but I am in Australia!
Common fault?

yoyoteen

Newly Enlightened
hi Peter, I've got the same problem, my "Snow" started to flicker and then died.... I've send 3 or 4 mail to u, but still havnt got any respone.... the died "Snow" still at my home... as im oversea, i just wanna know the shipping fee b4 i sent it out. hope hear u soon.

Shardak

Newly Enlightened
I have sent my flickering AAA-P DS back for replacement about 2 week ago. Havent had a reply to my email to check on its status.

Order 6970.

Shardak

Newly Enlightened
I got my replacement ArcP DS today. Its perfect so far...no flickering whatsoever.

steel

Newly Enlightened
hi

i shipped my arc back to u on the 26/02/08 think it arrived there about a week later was just wondering if it has been shipped back yet? i have emailed maria with no reply yet, has been well over a week when i emailed. the last time i spoke to her was on the 7/2/08 she mentioned it should shipp back the next day but nothing through post, maybe my postman has a nice new light lol

cheers
greg

Last edited:

steel

Newly Enlightened
hi

still no light, still no replys to emails. did ring last friday was told they would look into it monday and email back but nothing, cant say i am over impressed to be honest:(

Last edited:

Latest posts