Lumapower MRV with holster-$69

Status
Not open for further replies.

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
You know who has this offer on....it's a steal!

I'll post this in good deals too

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what bin the Cree is in this light?

P4 if I remember correctly. The thread can be found here: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=162392

I might actually go for it...I wonder how hard it is to upgrade to a newer Q or R bin?? I'll have to search the previous threads, but I remember there being posts about why this light was so cheap at the site you are referring to...I seem to recal speculation about being 2nd quality lights. Does anyone remember?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over in this thread in the MarketPlace Ricky says this about an upgrade...

"Thank you, we do offer light-engine module for upgrade.
All price are now being prepare for announce.
And more...you know what I mean.

Thanks and best regards,

Ricky - Lumapower CS
"

I don't know about anyone else, but I placed an order for it this evening. If it is true that it can be upgraded....well, that's is just an extra plus. Looks like it comes with everything it is supposed to, and has the same specs and emitter as the one sold anywhere else. Let's hope it's as good a deal as it looks. I paid extra for the EMS shipping, so I should have it before too long. I will report when I get it.

P4 if I remember correctly. The thread can be found here: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=162392

I might actually go for it...I wonder how hard it is to upgrade to a newer Q or R bin?? I'll have to search the previous threads, but I remember there being posts about why this light was so cheap at the site you are referring to...I seem to recal speculation about being 2nd quality lights. Does anyone remember?

sancho886

Newly Enlightened
Man, I must be way behind the curve....why would the thread be locked? :thinking:

Because there is a good deals forum in the marketplace this should be posted in. Also the op is cross posting the same thing in that forum which is not allowed.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You're right...the MRV's with the darker finish seem to use the Q2 bin whereas the original MRV had the P4. So I would assume this version contains the Q2 bin.

See post #11 in the following thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2136447
Since that is my thead, I thought I'd weigh in here: :)

Note that the new MRV light that Stefan and I have reviewed is the HA (type III) version, which now comes in a dark "chocolate" brown. Both of us have the original P4 "light gray" HA-III MRV, and this new version is brighter - leading us both to suspect it is a Q2 emitter.

The light in question here is black, and according to MattK at batteryjunction (who seems to be selling the same kit), is only type II anodized. It is unknown at this time if these lights also have the brighter emitter, or if they are just anodizing rejects from the first batch.

Last edited:

LightScene

Enlightened
I would just like to mention that there is a JEERS forum and the most JEERS go to DEALEXTREME. Buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.