E2

Brock

Flashaholic
Well I have an E2 now and all I can say is I am impressed. The light output is almost identical to the standard P60 lamp using less power. The light output is round rather than oval, which I really like. Here is a shot for size comparison.

e2-comp.jpg

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/flash.htm

Bucky

Enlightened
Congratulations. Since I have been dying to get one Brock, please tell us where you got it and for how much?

Any other impressions of it?

Thanks for the first-look post for those of us awaiting our E2's.

Bucky

Brock

Flashaholic
I can't really say where I got mine, but I will be buying more from Brightguy
smile.gif

Anyway it is a lot smaller than I thought. I know it is just a long, bright E1, but it's size still amazed me.

I did post some info on my site, it uses a little less power than the P60 lamp. It has a "softer" look to the beam of light than the P60.

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/flash.htm

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am impressed also ! Where did you get that ?! Must be an inside job ;-) ! Right?

Congrats, with those fine pics you posted can´t wait to get mine from bright guy

AlexGT

Brock

Flashaholic
The beam from the E2 is much smoother than the P60, very even more like the E1 than the P60's.

Sesoku Brightguy has the Surefire Products listed under "Laser Products" the parent company of Surefire. The first place you will see them on Brightguy's site is the "What's New" tab. I know he is making a list for the first lights he gets, then once he gets enough he will post it to the site.

I will take a pic of the E2 vs AA mag tonight.

Brock

Brock

Flashaholic
Sorry I knew I should have labeled them. Top image Left to right.

Surefire M3
Streamlight Scorpion
Surefire D2
Surefire C2
UKE 2L
Surefire E2
Surefire E1

So the light in question is the UKE 2L

Brock

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kb0rrg:
What is the third light from the right in the top pic? (just left of the e2)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, if you're not familiar with the UKE 2L, you're missing something! I think it's a must-have. It's a 2xDL123A flaslight. It's very bright, though not as bright as, say, the 6P, and the 2L's beam isn't in the same class as the 6P's when it comes to smoothness. On the other hand, it runs for several hours. It's also light as a feather, completely waterproof (it's a dive light), and dirt cheap (you can find 'em for like $20-$25).

The 2L's brightness is closer to the E2's than the E1's. As a result, it was what I grabbed whenever I needed a very bright light, but either wanted to minimize size and weight, or needed a very long runtime, or both. For example, if I'm camping for a few days, I want a very bright light, but don't want to bring tons of batteries, and also want to minimize weight for hikes, so the 2L is a great fit.

'course, with the E2 on the scene, I'll probably relegate the 2L to duties where I'm worried about waterproofness. Plus, it'll be my loaner light.

Joe

Brock

Flashaholic
The UKE 2L is a great little light, just the fact that it is waterproof makes it worth while, it's also the cheapest 2 lithium light made. The UKE 2L uses a 2.1 watt lamp drawing under 1/2 the power of the Streamlight Scorpion or the Surefire P60 lamp, both just over 5 watts. I heard runmors Surefire was going to make a 2 watt lamp for the E2. It would be a great option give up a little brightness for the 2.5 hour runtime.

Brock

Sesoku

Newly Enlightened
Can you post a size comparison pic with a maglite solitare for those of us with no surefires?
Also, I looked on Brightguys website and I don't see Surefire products listed on it.

Bucky

Enlightened
Has Brightguy received their shipment yet or are they still waiting for them? Also, how much are the E2's from Brightguy going for?

I will get an E2 very soon - one way or another
smile.gif

Bucky

Bucky

Enlightened
BTW Brock, how does the beam of the E2 compare to the E1? Is the beam of the E2 uniform in brightness like the E1, or is it more like the P60 with a brighter center to it? Is it hard to tell exactly what the beam is like inside the corona from your pics, although it is readily apparent that overall the beam is more circular than the P60 - which is a good thing IMO.

Bucky

Size15's

Flashaholic
I heard this too.

The E1 Lamp Module is MN01
The E2 Lamp Module is MN03

So what about MN02?

It would be great if SureFire made;
MN02 - LED Module for the E1
MN04 - Long runtime E2 Lamp
MN05 - LED Module for the E2

If you think LED modules are a great idea for SureFires, why don't you send a quick email to them to let them know there's people who will buy them!

Al

Brock

Flashaholic
OK, I re-did the image and added a comparison shot of light output between the E2 and the AA Mag. To be fair the AA Mag is using a brinkman Nextstar lamp, about 1/3 brighter than the origional, and brand new lithium AA batteries, again making it brighter than normal. So you can imagine if you have a standard AA mag it would be even dimmer than the one I have taken a photo of.

Brock

Sesoku

Newly Enlightened
Brock,
Thanks a lot, those pictures are really great and help me get a better feel of what to expect.

busbar

Newly Enlightened
size15s commented: If you think LED modules are a great idea for SureFires, why don't you send a quick email to them to let them know there's people who will buy them!

I agree. Look at this one-- http://www.equipped.org/pp/pic435.htm
It's from http://www.equipped.org/shot_show_2001.htm
"We were also shown the prototype of a 19 LED head for the smaller Sure-Fire lights, installed on an M3 Millenium body."

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've seen this photo.
I wish I was at SHOT 2001!

SureFire seems to be interested in what it's customers want and need.

It has been discussed for ages. And it appears that soon we will have it!

Communication of our wants and needs is vital otherwise it seems like we're happy when really we want more!

Al