What I got in the mail today... L2D Rebel 100. Another satisfied Fenix owner!

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Today was a great day... a day that brought me my L2D R100 Fenix along with the white diffuser attachment which works better than I could've hoped for. I haven't received the red filter attachment as David said they're on order still.

Anyways... thoughts:

I love the orange-peel reflector. It's awesome! And the Rebel LED is sweet! I didn't realize it was so small, it's just tiny. I think the beam throws a lot more evenly than the Cree with the smooth reflector and indeed the tint of the beam is a lot better!. I'll try and get beam shots...

Great light though. I like the feel in my hand. Although, I just took the head and switched it for my P2D Cree which was my EDC. Now I have a P2D R100... hehehehe Beautiful!

Ryan

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
chakrawal,

I ordered it the 17th of August, and it shipped on the 28th. And it just came today which is the 3rd of September. They must have been backed up pretty bad, because I wasn't expecting half-a-month of wait-time, but like I said, at least my light and diffuser came... the filter is still in limbo - they're not in stock yet.

Ryan

smvtsailor

Newly Enlightened
I need to get one of these...

By the way, you need to update your signature :)

dcsforum

Newly Enlightened
I got my L2D RB100 in the mail yesterday and it is quite a nice piece of gear. I'm not a real aficionado on flashlights although CPF did motivate me to get a Magcharger last year and now this Fenix.

I took the L2D outside last night and was amazed at how it could light up some tall 50-year old trees in my back yard from 75 feet away. I wasn't expecting that out of an LED light.

I've got a feeling this Fenix light is going to be close at hand for daily use. I think it will also be especially nice for business traveling on the airlines and such. I've been carrying an old 3-LED Streamlight for the last few years, but I think it's getting retired.

dcs

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do your L2D Rebel 100s flash high before being turned on in low mode? In other words with the head turned a 1/4 turn for normal mode, when you turn on the light does it flash high for a half second before going into low mode? Mine does this and I just want to find out if all of these do it or just some.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
PocketBeam,

Concerning your question about the flicker of high-beam before going into normal mode... this is normal for all Fenix lights (at least all that are in my signature as well as the P3D). Doesn't matter if it's a Cree or Rebel either, it happens to them all and it's just how the user interface is designed I guess.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm happy for you! It's sure a whole lot of performance and still with very good quality.

I'd sure like to see them with a well design pocket clip someday.

Dr.K

Enlightened
I just got my P3D rebel 100 yesterday. I noticed that it "flashed" turbo mode, but what was happening was that I had the head twisted too close to the turbo setting. When I hold the light my pinky and ring finger were forcing the head down while my thumb pushed on the switch. When it clicked on and I let the switch off the head moved out and turbo went off. Untwist it a little bit, and this should stop.

chakrawal

Enlightened
My P3D Rebel 100 shipped on 27th and I just got it today. So USPS shipping time in the conus and oversea is about the same.

Last edited:

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L2D body is a different design and the tail clicker and the head are far from each other and impossible to press on both with one hand. So that is not it. Also I tried unscrewing the head to the point where it would just barely still turn on and I still get the flash. So the head being tight, loose, semi tight, or any position in between doesn't seem to matter. Flash before low beam.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
PocketBeam,

My recommendation would be to start a new thread. Because, if it's not the normal flash of high before low characteristic, then I have no idea.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help,
Ryan

P.S. If you ordered it from Fenix-Store.com, email David Chow and he'll be happy to help you...

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it is the high before low flash. So it sounds like the same thing. And David replied saying that it shouldn't flash, which made me wonder if all units did. Sorry for any thread hijacking or diversion. Take care.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you are somebody show comparison beam shots of the L2D Cree and Rebel?