• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ti Novatac pocketclips feeler

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
I've had a few people ask, so I'm putting it out there. How many of you guys want Ti clips? Same as my other ones, I'll probably do them in batches of 25 or so and the price "should" be about the same.

~Chip

Nebula

Enlightened
Chip - I am in for at least one, perhaps two. Thanks. Kirk

Ritch - I would guess that this clip will attach the same way the NovaTac supplied version attaches.

cfromc

Enlightened
I just received a replacement clip from Novatac yesterday in the mail and it was mangled by the PO. I tried to straighten it and it cracked pretty easily. I ordered another one. If that one comes mangled also I'll consider one of these since it appears the original ones may not be able to take much abuse.

jcompton

Enlightened
How will it be attached?

yeahthat.gif

x923x

Newly Enlightened
Awesome. If attached like the stock clip, I'm definitely in.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a replacement clip from Novatac yesterday in the mail and it was mangled by the PO. I tried to straighten it and it cracked pretty easily. I ordered another one. If that one comes mangled also I'll consider one of these since it appears the original ones may not be able to take much abuse.

Odd as I put mine in a big vice and hammered and used vise grips (thin leather on clip to avoid scratches) and I found this clip to be way stronger than I expected. I put it between wood also and had to really crank down on it to do ANY bending. P.O must have ran over it with a forklift. But I'll give the P.O. this - if there is a way to destroy something in a box or package they'll find it. :shakehead

speederino

Enlightened
I'd be in for one. Sounds like a winner.

I talked a bunch of trash about the Novatac clip early on, but to be honest, I like the light better with it than without. A Ti clip with the same design would be pretty cool.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I'd be in for one if it was only bezel-down.. I don't want a bulkier clip than what's necessary!

john

cfromc

Enlightened
Odd as I put mine in a big vice and hammered and used vise grips (thin leather on clip to avoid scratches) and I found this clip to be way stronger than I expected. I put it between wood also and had to really crank down on it to do ANY bending. P.O must have ran over it with a forklift. But I'll give the P.O. this - if there is a way to destroy something in a box or package they'll find it. :shakehead

It came in a large flat bubble lined envelope. If you look at the clip with the ring at a 90 degree angle from the clip then imagine the ring smashed down to parallel with the clip, that's what I got. Not only was the ring against the clip but it was very oval shaped and twisted. I first bent the ring to where it was supposed to be in relation to the clip, then flattened it. After that I tried to make the oval into a circle and that is when I noticed it had cracked where the ring attaches to the clip. To be honest, I didn't really think I would be able to save it but I had nothing to lose at that point. First problem: it was mailed in an envelope instead of a small box, Second problem: the post office handled this as a flat piece of mail. It was probably run through a machine with rollers top and bottom and the machine was stronger than the clip. Basically, it was just treated in a way it wasn't designed for. Hopefully the next one will make it. If not, I think I want a Ti "low-rider" clip.

P.S. Can't the clip be put on either end of the light to allow for pocket carry or baseball cap use?

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

FWIW mine bent when i put it on my belt the first time. Now loosely spins around the light when it is on. Highly unimpressed with it strength/spring. Luckily this is the only huge complaint on the light.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That just seems really odd - this thing was seriously hard to bend and I've got fairly strong hands. I wonder if they changed metals or something on some of the clips. You should remove it and carefully bend it back using a vise or similar. Get a good hold on the circle and up as much on the clip as you can and pull it in a bit. That should make it tight again. Even after my bending job mine is very firm against the light.