Jetbeam        

Thread: Information Unlimited

Flashaholic*

Default Information Unlimited

Hi all. Iíve got a great link that I donít think Iíve ever seen posted on the forum before so I thought I would share with the class. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It is for a company that has been selling lasers and other cool stuff for many years. I remember ordering books on lasers from them when I was only in Junior High so I know they have been around for at least that long. Anyway, without further adieu, the name of the site is Information Unlimited and here is the URL: http://www.amazing1.com/

There is enough fun stuff there to keep anyone that is into lasers and other assorted cool stuff busy for a very long time. The only problem is, if you are like me, the big limiting factor here is having the cash to get all of this dream stuff. Here is a list of some of the sort of things that they carry taken directly from their web site: Science Projects, Electronics Kits, Lasers, Tesla Coils, High Voltage Engineering, Plans, Books, Parts, Kits. Have fun guys! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: Information Unlimited

I bought one of their "simulated laser" kits right around 1980! It consisted of telescoping metal tubes, a long focal length lens, and an avalanche circuit that pulsed a red FLV-104 LED at 500+mA. Pulses from the LED were supposed to rival a visible red HeNe laser, but I somehow screwed up the circuit so I never did get it to work right. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    They also offered replacement LEDs in red or green for $8 apiece, so I'm guessing a lot of experimentors fried the LED in this kit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Cool. There for a while I thought I might have been the only one here that's ever even heard of this company. I should have known better. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I remember IU from a long time ago, I moved to NH back on July 4th, 1976, and found them a few weeks later. Lots of neat stuff, location is about 20 miles from where I live. I'm not sure if they are still open as a store, or internet / mailorder only. Just like Frankenstein's workshop, less "abby-normal".

/ed B in NH