Got 2 GREAT led's - Thanks to you guys!

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
I'm brand new to flashaholism and this forum. I lurked around for a few weeks and based on what I read here I purchased my first 2 real lights.

The Cree E1L and the Cree M1. I love them both! The advise here on these pages is invaluable.

I like the E1L better. It's better in every way than the M1 except throwing power. The E1L's led is nice and creamy white, the beam shape is beautiful, and I find the size to be perfect for EDC.

I did have to get a new TailCap clicky for the E1L ~ and the new one has a new design! (See my pics in general flashlight under "Z61 tailcap redesign?!") Hopefully the failures are gone for good. I also fixed the "broken" clicky - once again because of advise from people here!

I can't thank you guys enough!

SolarMan

PS: My A2 is on the way!!!!!!!!!

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
A Surefire as you'r first "real" light is not bad at all :twothumbs

I Still haven't got a Surefire.. maybe that will be my next light!

And welcome to CPF! ;)

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I got the Surefire bug also. I just can't seem to put my L1 down. I want the L2, but not until they put a CREE in it. Guess there's just no turning back from here...:whistle:

BTW....I love my M1. Great build quality, modular design(apparently easily upgraded), and has about the best all around beam of any of my lights. In fact, I was so impressed with my M1 that I pre-ordered the new M1-R from Matt at BatteryJunction yesterday. I also ordered an MRV yesterday. Lumapower makes some nice lights, and if they are as easy to upgrade by just adding the newest modules as they come out....well, that is an added plus.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That's a good combination, you've got the E1L for close to medium range and the M1 for medium to longer range.

Great choices.