Now my Fenix L1T 2.0 is *perfect*

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I may have prejudged the original stock clicky tailcap on my L1T 2.0, I was dissapointed that my L1T only had the stock reverse-clicky (Lighthound has mailed me the tactical clicky that should have been in the box)

On a whim, I grabbed the 10 ohm resistored tailcap on my Lux III L2T, it fits the L1T 2.0 tailcap threads perfectly, and the L1T 2.0 was able to produce three levels of light, the 10 ohm low, the 15 lumen standard, and the 90 lumen high setting

Sweet!, a 3 stage L1T 2.0!

so, I removed the L2T's tailcap from the L1T, and removed the resistored switch mechanism, and put it in the L1T 2.0's tailcap housing, now, my L1T has three stages and is an even better EDC

pure functionality-wise the L1T may be giving my beloved E1L-SR some competition for pocket-time, it has three useful levels, and runs on the ubiquitous AA cell.....

Kraid

Enlightened
Sounds great! Does anyone know if the L2T 2.0's Forward clicky will work with a L2D CE?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great! Does anyone know if the L2T 2.0's Forward clicky will work with a L2D CE?
Another important question: Does this forward clicky change the modes of the LxD CE with a half press from the on position? If not, cycling through from the momentary/off position may get a little tricky.

From the picture on Fenix-Store.com this tailcap looks like a protruding switch cover which would mean no tail standing. If so, maybe just the switch part can be transferred to an LxD CE and the switch cover can remain flush.

fluke

Enlightened
Another important question: Does this forward clicky change the modes of the LxD CE with a half press from the on position? If not, cycling through from the momentary/off position may get a little tricky.

Once it is on it will not cycling through modes without clicking it off.

Cycling through while in the off position is tricky but once used to it it is easy.

From the picture on Fenix-Store.com this tailcap looks like a protruding switch cover which would mean no tail standing. If so, maybe just the switch part can be transferred to an LxD CE and the switch cover can remain flush.

No it will not tail stand.

No you have to transfer the switch cover as well as the switch push actuator is longer.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Well, I returned the L1T 2.0 to it's original configuration, by dropping in the standard clicky switch assembly, the 3-stage resistor mod added a layer of "complexity" to what should be a simple two-stage ON-OFF design, most of the time the light was in the wrong mode for what I wanted, if I wanted Low, it was usually in Med or High, if i wanted High, it was on Low

the twist-click-click interface was too kludgy for my tastes too, one of the reasons I bought the L1T was for it's simplicity, on/off and twist the head to switch levels, the 3 stage mod was a cool gadget to be sure, but it wasn't useful

besides, I finally got my "tactical" tailcap and I like the light much better with that tailcap, momentary and a true forward-click and two easily accesable light levels, simple, straightforward, just the way I like it