Re-annodizing an A2...

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Hey everyone...

My wife was cruising the forums the other day during her Texas visit, and she called me upon seeing Size15s sig line. She wants one... Now that she is on the forums, she can not only keep an eye on my spending, but she is already spending money too! And I thought life was tough with ONE flashaholic in the house... And to think I bought her an E1W for our wedding in May to try and "convert" her to the bright side...be careful what you wish for. :ohgeez:

I talked to her to try and feel out her needs/wants, and we've got it narrowed down somewhat. She would prefer blue, but the purple really caught her eye, too. Personally, I don't find the thought of trying to track down one of the 10 known purple A2s (then paying enough to pry it from the owner's hands) very intriguing. Yet, marital bliss suggests I do something.

At first I was thinking I would have to do Type II to get the vibrant finish she's after, but I think FiveMega had some HA Red throw heads...so maybe Type III is possible. This would be ideal, she's not a fan of holster/pocket carry, so this will probably live in her purse where the E1W has been residing (cringe).

Does anyone have first hand experience having an HA Surefire refinished (maybe with photos :naughty:)?

Can anyone recommend a good shop that will take on a one-light job, does high-quality work, and has reliable turnaround times? (Ok, maybe a two-light job...I guess a green or red A2 might strike my fancy... :ohgeez:)

I hate saying stuff like this because :broke:.....but quality trumps price. She IS my wife after all.

Thanks in advance!!

--Mike

Edited to add...the flashaholic in me is taking over! As long as we're talking about a blue A2, why not add some blue trit locators and Ice Blue LED's?? Wow, I NEVER thought my wife could prompt me to spend more on flashlights than I was doing on my own! (And no, guys, you can't have her!!) :nana: :D

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
yeah...Size15s purple A2s gotten a few of us into the purple A2 hunt down

personally I'm looking for a red E2E:green::crazy:

Size15s, is the original thread by Don archived or did he create one to begin with? I can't seem to put my mouse on it:whistle:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Hey, Mike, you can always buy a regular A2 and have grnamin duracoat it for you. Duracoat is durable enough, and comes in a whole bunch of different colors.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
Hey, Mike, you can always buy a regular A2 and have grnamin duracoat it for you. Duracoat is durable enough, and comes in a whole bunch of different colors.

You know, that's not a half-bad idea, greenLED, thanks. She wants vibrant, and if I remember right DuraCoat has 50+ colors...surely she'll like one of them. Personally, I like the metalic look of Type II, but there's a lot of metallic gun finishes, and many of the polymer and ceramic-based ones can have flakes added (and what I like doesn't really factor in...lol). Definitely something for her to ponder. Thanks again!

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Have you considered trying to talk her into a custom light? You might be able to get a reasonable deal on a bare body, bezel, and tailcap, and fit SF compatible parts - probably not A2, though.

Didn't TnC make some pretty wild bodies? 2 color splash annodized? Can't seem to find them on their site.