New 10440...Jet-u died...

jcompton

Enlightened
I recently purchased a Jetbeam Jet-u (AAA) from Emilion's and when I attempted to turn it on, it began flickering on different levels of brightness and turned itself off. Prior to playing with my new toy, I cleaned the threads and lubed them along with the o-rings using Nyogel 760G as to not chew up my new o-rings. This flickering would happen each time I attempted to turn this light on, until after about 2 minutes of this the head became very warm. I then wrote Emilion's an email explaining the issue and they told me to send it back. Hopefully they will reimburse me for the return shipping...:shrug:

So I am now in the market for another 10440 light, similar in size to the Mag Solitaire, to carry on a keychain. I would like for the light to be able to accept alkaline AAAs in a pinch, but this will primarily be run off of a 10440.

I am looking not only for suggestions, as there are many threads like this around, but posts that offer reasoning as to WHY(?) you carry the 10440 light that you recommend, from your personal experience, and what sets this light apart from the rest of what is out there?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Boy, I think the LODCE is going to be the leader in this catagory. It's reasonably priced, small, lightweight and bright as heck on a 10440. I have two of them and have only run them on 10440s so I know they're reliable. My oldest one has seen between 40-50 full cycles. I can't easily carry a cr123 size light around at work, but the LODCE is alway in my front pockets. I like the Draco very much and you have the option of using the AAA extension, but it's out of my price range for a light that size. I really use the Fenix as a work horse and often run it on the highest settings. It's been great!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
LODce w/10440 has become pretty much my pocket EDC. Probably got 15 cycles of the battery and no problems. It's low is actually too bright for my nighttime around the house light.

I recently got a Jet-u from Grumpy and, after changing out the o-ring so it didn't require two hands to turn, it has become my around the house light. The low is just right to not totally wipe out night adaptation or "wake you up" if you're just on a short b'room visit. Based upon reading several threads, I haven't run anything but lithium primaries in it.

I'm really pleased by these two lights. But a CMG UI is always nearby. (just had to get that in!)

mikeyx

Enlightened
I use a LiteFlux LF2 and find it to be the perfect pocket light. Very well built. Uses any type of AAA cell and has 3 primary settings that are easily programmable from super low to super bright. Also has modifiable strobe and SOS functions that stay out of the way, but are easily accessible when needed. Has several other functions also, including a rechargeable battery over discharge protection function. A light that can be as simple or complex as you desire.

Mike

JETBeam

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Jetbeam Jet-u (AAA) from Emilion's and when I attempted to turn it on, it began flickering on different levels of brightness and turned itself off. Prior to playing with my new toy, I cleaned the threads and lubed them along with the o-rings using Nyogel 760G as to not chew up my new o-rings. This flickering would happen each time I attempted to turn this light on, until after about 2 minutes of this the head became very warm. I then wrote Emilion's an email explaining the issue and they told me to send it back. Hopefully they will reimburse me for the return shipping...:shrug:

So I am now in the market for another 10440 light, similar in size to the Mag Solitaire, to carry on a keychain. I would like for the light to be able to accept alkaline AAAs in a pinch, but this will primarily be run off of a 10440.

I am looking not only for suggestions, as there are many threads like this around, but posts that offer reasoning as to WHY(?) you carry the 10440 light that you recommend, from your personal experience, and what sets this light apart from the rest of what is out there?

Hi jcompton,
Sorry to hear this problem with your light... Guess Emilion will get things done, but please feel free to contact us if any issues come up, we are always ready to be of help within our power.
icon12.gif

Best Regards,

jcompton

Enlightened
Hi jcompton,
Sorry to hear this problem with your light... Guess Emilion will get things done, but please feel free to contact us if any issues come up, we are always ready to be of help within our power.
icon12.gif

Best Regards,

Good to see JetBeam stand behind their product along with their vendors... I love my MK IIX and with a 14500 it's an amazing little light.

LED Cool

Enlightened
hello jcompton,

if you are looking for a AAA EDC light that can take 10440 & AAA (NIMH & alkaline), may i recommend the LiteFlux LF2 because it is the only AAA light that has built-in over discharge protection for your 10440 Li-Ion & NIMH AAA batteries. no other AAA LED light that i know of offer such battery protection. plus the LF2 has 3 output levels which are programmable by the user. you can start at super low or super high or medium output. strobe and SOS is available for direct access but the user interface (UI) do not require the user the cycle through all modes to access the desire mode.

and it comes with a diffuser as well!

khoo

jcompton

Enlightened
Ended up going with the L0D CE.
Thanks to all for taking the time to offer your opinions and help me with the decision making process.

John