Glo-toob lithium using rechargeable batteries

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I have a few of the new lithium Glo-toobs and I've noticed that the newer version of AW's R123a's won't fit in them but the older blue ones (with silver label) will fit. Has anyone else used rechargeable batteries in their new Glo-toob and found other brands that will actually fit? I only have a few of the old AW cells and I want to get more Glo-toobs but only if I can run rechargeables in them. Thanks.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Thanks bitslammer, do you have any idea if the UltraFire 3.0v are the same size as their 3.6v?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don´t know if it is the same size but protected ultrafire 3.6v rechargeables (the new silver labeled) fit the lithium glo-toob, I just tested it. And since glo-toob.com states in their FAQs that 3.0v as well as 3.6v rechargeables can be used it should not be a problem.

Eric

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Thanks Eric242. I'm glad to hear about the UltraFire 3.6v protected cells fitting in the Glo-toobs. I'm very disappointed that I haven't found any rechargeables that work. I have 3 different kinds of R123a's: two kinds are too big to fit and the third kind barely fit but won't even last 8 hours. I really don't know why the rechargeables don't seem to work for me. I've tried 2 different cells with the same results. Maybe I'll buy a few UltraFire's and give them a try. Thanks again.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those silver Ultrafires have 16340 written on it, 16mm diameter and 34mm lenght (I´d they it´s more like 35mm). Just for comparsion.

Eric

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Thanks again Eric. I just got an email from Lighthound. They tested the most recent R123a from AW and UltraFire and both fit into the new Glo-toob. Now if I could just figure out why the rechargeables don't last very long in my new Glo-toobs. Until I figure it out I'm not buying any more.

apurva

Newly Enlightened
Bump! Anyone find the answer to this? What re chargables would work best for the glo toob?

Latest posts